< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Fisherman draws on PW who happen to be Airmen  (Read 4066 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Fisherman draws on PW who happen to be Airmen
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »
This was brought to my attention on our Facebook page:   :o
http://www.1011now.com/news/headlines/Upset_Fisherman_Threatens_to_Shoot_Air_National_Guard_Members_130993093.html   

I hope this was one of the 10,000 CHP holders that are not NFOA members.  >:D
I understand his complaint (one reason I don't fish at the bigger lakes) but i have never drawn on anyone because of it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:42:57 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Fisherman draws on PW who happen to be Airmen
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 07:29:23 PM »
I was thinkin'... it would have been cool if the ANG sent out an F16 and strafed the beach this doofus was shooting from

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 07:41:44 PM »
I was thinkin'... it would have been cool if the ANG sent out an F16 and strafed the beach this doofus was shooting from

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It would of went from a 'Oh ship, that was dumb' moment, to a 'I think I crapped myself' moment.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:50:30 PM »
Yep, I posted that on the facebook page. The guy is my coworker's ex-husband. Their son (who's about to be commissioned in the Navy) had to go down to Lincoln to get the guy's truck and his dogs. The press was everywhere apparently. And sadly yes, he does have a Nebraska carry permit.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:55:51 PM »
Oy vey! Say bye bye to the CHP at the very least.  This will be fodder for the antis.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 09:16:29 PM »
Oy vey! Say bye bye to the CHP at the very least.  This will be fodder for the antis.

Fly
Maybe we should make an appearance at his hearing to publicly shame him and condemn his actions... That would help keep him from being painted as one of us.

It is important that we strongly convey that this is absolutely unacceptable. We should focus on his personal responsibility for his dumb actions; otherwise, it will become an argument about how we are too irresponsible to have the rights.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:04:48 PM by NENick »

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 11:12:58 PM »
May be more to this story
Stay tuned....

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 06:27:29 AM »
I think I will wait for BOTH SIDES of the WHOLE story before I send him to "old sparky".    ::)

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 07:28:51 AM »
So you think there might be a legitimate reason for firing in the air because your fishing is disrupted?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 07:48:12 AM »
I'd rather not jump to any conclusions bases solely on what the media is reporting.  Their reporting has been inaccurate a time or 2 before.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 07:54:47 AM »
I agree, while this guy most likely is an idiot and did something very stupid it's possible (but not likely) that he was acting in legitimate self defense.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 08:00:33 AM »
No matter what, he was not afraid for his life or the life of his family members. There was no call for firing a gun.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 08:05:09 AM »
No matter what, he was not afraid for his life or the life of his family members. There was no call for firing a gun.

Were you there?  How is it that you know that for a fact?  Just curious....

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 08:06:22 AM »
So you think there might be a legitimate reason for firing in the air because your fishing is disrupted?
They could have been driving around him on jet skies like pirates in Waterworld. I might have fired into the air in that situation. :-\

FarmerRick is right though. The media certainly isn't our friend and definitely not our advocate. I am sure there is more to the story that we are bound to discover.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:09:26 AM by NENick »

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 08:20:26 AM »
They could have been driving around him on jet skies like pirates in Waterworld. I might have fired into the air in that situation. :-\

FarmerRick is right though. The media certainly isn't our friend and definitely not our advocate. I am sure there is more to the story that we are bound to discover.

The Press?! Inaccurate?!

Fly

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:23:59 AM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 08:39:45 AM »
I would advocate Andy (or some other representative) make themselves available or issue a statement regarding this incident. IT should be short, specific, and contain three sentences. first,mention it IS an allegation and we'll wait for all the facts. Second, the percentage of ccw people who lose their right to carry. I'm reasonably confident someone has that LOW,LOW number. I would go with National versus Nebraska,with our low numbers,it skews fast towards higher and could bite us in the ass later. Third, I would point out the law takes away a person's right to carry for a conviction  of a crime like this. Whether someone is injured or not.
  Being a short statement would minimize the chance of it being chopped up or taken out of context. Three concise sentences.

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 09:59:55 AM »
I agree that judgement should be reserved until it is more clear what happened. But it sure doesn't look good.

And I have to question if he was "acting in legitimate self defense" why would he shoot into the air?

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 10:02:58 AM »
Were you there?  How is it that you know that for a fact?  Just curious....

You're right, the military often threatens the life of Americans at Branched Oak. I forgot about that.

Sorry I spoke in your high presence.

Offline Rodney Moorhead

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 10:16:05 AM »
The thing we need to stress as this is a nutcase.  There will always be bad people in all walks of life.  The police have them, the priesthood has them and CHL holders will have them.  It is unfortunate that their are wackos out there but there will always be a few. 
...Com on wanre niht scri?an sceadugenga

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 10:21:56 AM »
Dave, you are right.  "The Military" rarely does such things.  Individual idiots who happen to be Airmen have been known to do some pretty stupid things, though.  They may have been acting inappropriately, but I have a hard time imagining a situation that would warrant the response of the fisherman.  It will be interesting to see what his side of the story is, but it sure doesn't look good at this point.