< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Upcoming Rifle Deer Season  (Read 1456 times)

Offline sarpyshooter

• NFOA Full Member
Upcoming Rifle Deer Season
« on: October 13, 2011, 11:46:02 PM »
Hello everyone!  I'm getting excited about the upcoming season, will be my first in a lot of years due to military deployments and other overseas assignments (I'm active duty Air Force stationed at Offutt).  Also planning to take my 11 yr old son out this year.  I've been digging for public land info on the game & parks website, and spent half the day today looking for a couple places close to Offutt & Bellevue but no luck.  So I'm hoping for a little help, or tips.  If anyone can point me in the general direction of some hunting land i would sure appreciate it.  Not looking for any trophy bucks, mostly the experience for my son and I and to put a little deer meat in the freezer!  Thanks for any tips.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Upcoming Rifle Deer Season
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:04:56 AM »
Maybe you have already looked at this map, but try...

http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/gisapps/default.asp

Click/select "Hunting" near the top center of the page and it will display hunting grounds.  Mouse over a deer symbol and a pop-up box will list the details.  It looks like there are a few public land areas around Omaha that allow deer hunting.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline sarpyshooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 12:34:36 AM »
Thanks!  That map is great.  Just spent the last 15 minutes checking it out and taking some notes.  Have Friday off work so I'll be hitting the road and trying to find a few places!

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 08:58:43 AM »
hey sarpy, Have you checked out the open lands/ open waters book?  As of late quite a few landowners have enrolled in this program, not sure if it's online, but can be picked up almost anyway permits are sold.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 10:07:10 AM »
Try this link out for the public land...

http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/programs/crp/atlas.asp

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum