< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Vote in the Monster Hunter International Patch Contest!  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
Vote in the Monster Hunter International Patch Contest!
« on: October 19, 2011, 05:21:31 PM »
I know a bunch of you guys have read Larry Correia's Monster Hunter International series.  For those that haven't, imagine a world where vampires, zombies, werewolves, and other monsters are real - and there's a bounty private hunters can collect from the government for killing them.  The first three books have been great, and right now Larry is holding a contest for a new team to make a cameo appearance in his the 4th book of the series: Monster Hunter Legions.

Click here to see all of the patch submissions.  We've submitted a patch design for a Nebraska Team: Omaha Stakes.

Go here: http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2011/10/19/mhi-patch-contest-vote-now

And leave a comment voting for Omaha Stakes and maybe Nebraska can make it into Larry's next book.  Then forward it to your friends and cross post it on other gun boards so we can see a new Nebraska team!

"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Vote in the Monster Hunter International Patch Contest!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 05:48:50 PM »
BK told me about this patch not long ago.  i'd sure take one if you got any for sale.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Rodney Moorhead

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 05:50:48 PM »
I'd purchase one as well. 
...Com on wanre niht scri?an sceadugenga

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 06:25:54 PM »
BK told me about this patch not long ago.  i'd sure take one if you got any for sale.
I had a handful made by a custom embroiderer, though they weren't cheap since they were a small, custom run.  $11/ea with hook velcro on the back.  Here's a pic of the actual patch:

Is $11 too spendy for a patch?  If not, we can have some more made. 
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
would it get cheaper if we buy bulk?  like 10 or more?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »
would it get cheaper if we buy bulk?  like 10 or more?
Nope.  I asked Hopie before I made my last order of a dozen Omaha Stakes patches and she said her price is a flat rate.  She does quality work and she did put in a number of hours working with me as we got the design set up for her software.

You know, there's no reason I'd need to place a group order.  If you decide you want one (or two), just drop Hopie an email: dancingbear(at)gmail(dot)com and let her know I sent you her way.  She's great to work with and very responsive.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:12:19 PM by Wesley D »

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 08:00:28 PM »
I just heard that we won!

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 08:40:48 PM »
Oh yeah?  That's awesome!  Where'd you hear that?  I haven't heard or seen yet - the hard copies of MHL come out on Sunday.  I read the first 7 chapters that are available for download from the Baen website, but there wasn't any mention of Omaha Stakes in those early chapters.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 08:47:41 PM »
A certain birdy on this forum who works in the firearms industry....who also bought one of the patches.....

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 08:55:15 PM »
O RLY?   :laugh:

I did see the ebook is available on Baen's website for $6...

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 11:14:23 PM »
From the last post I read from Larry on this there were several of the entrries he was working into the book, not just the voting winners but also a few that he just liked.  So I'm waiting on Amazon to get my copy of the book here so I can find out.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 08:02:24 AM »
The new book opens in Vegas during the SHOT show and there's a secret Monster Hunting Professionals convention in a hotel on the strip that's not had their grand opening yet.  There are a lot of MHI teams referenced, as well as other companies worldwide that are attending.  Don't download the first 7 chapters from Baen - you'll just be up late finishing them and then be even more anxiously awaiting that package from Amazon...

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 08:32:11 AM »
The new book opens in Vegas during the SHOT show and there's a secret Monster Hunting Professionals convention in a hotel on the strip that's not had their grand opening yet.  There are a lot of MHI teams referenced, as well as other companies worldwide that are attending.  Don't download the first 7 chapters from Baen - you'll just be up late finishing them and then be even more anxiously awaiting that package from Amazon...

Where is the LIKE button when you need it.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 01:24:07 PM »
....or you could do what I did and go to the Baen.com website and download the e-version of the book in about 3 seconds.  For a whopping 6 bucks.   :)

Of course, I got mine a week or so ago...

....and we DID get a mention in the book!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com