< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Post your favorite NFA item  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Rodney Moorhead

• Powder Benefactor
Post your favorite NFA item
« on: October 23, 2011, 09:01:56 PM »
Here is mine.  It is nothing special just a AR15 with a 10.5 inch barrel.  I wish it was full auto but she is fun the way she is.  Sometimes I stick a flash enhancer on it but I have been shooting it indoors of late.  I have a YHM rail, a old Trijicon reflex a friend gave me and a surefire flashlight.  I just love her, she always goes boom and most of all is just plain fun.  I might also add that she is beautiful too. 
...Com on wanre niht scri?an sceadugenga

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Post your favorite NFA item
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 09:38:43 PM »
I only own one SBR...but this is my favorite upper (6.5" 22LR):

I also have a 12.5" 6.8 SPC upper for it but I'm not too thrilled with that caliber. 

It's accurate enough but bullet selection isn't great - there are plenty available but not too many that are good for hunting.  Either they're thin skinned varmint bullets like the V Max or heavier constructed bullets that don't open up well at the 6.8's velocities.  Barnes makes an all copper bullet that's supposed to work great for hunting but my gun doesn't shoot that bullet well.  Brass and bullets cost more so it's not a good plinker like a 5.56.  Mags are scarce, too.  If I was starting from scratch again I would go with a 300 BLK instead.  As it is I'm thinking of selling the 6.8 upper and buying an AR10, and then eventually building a 10.5" 5.56 upper for a fun blasting toy.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:46:54 PM by bkoenig »