< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA logo engraving.....  (Read 3821 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
NFOA logo engraving.....
« on: October 25, 2011, 04:38:32 PM »
so after i saw this thread on ar15.com http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/354406_IDENT_Engraving_Results.html.

i'm thinking about doing an NFOA engraving for my ar15 lower that includes my trust info.  do you think its a good idea, opinions?  blessing from NFOA board?

ps - and i need a hi res version of the NFOA logo.  where can i get it?

pps - i don't know about the cost, but i will ask them for a quote as soon as i get (or if i get) the board's ok.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: NFOA logo engraving.....
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 05:57:20 PM »
I don't think there would be a lot of objection to useing the logo, other than. 

There has been a side discussion about the NFOA getting some lowers made that had the NFOA logo for the manufacturers logo.  These would be a limited production so I don't know what the cost would be, but we were thinking they might be fun as a fundraiser.  Perhaps sell some and hold a couple back that we can have made into complete firearms that we could raffle off our use as auction items.  What do you guys think of that idea?  How much would you be willing to pay for an NFOA lower?

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 06:00:23 PM »
I have a Hi Rez copy... And I think I can safely say you can use the logo with the boards blessing as long as you are not selling items in competition with the NFOA. Personal use is fine
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 06:01:12 PM »
I don't think there would be a lot of objection to useing the logo, other than. 

There has been a side discussion about the NFOA getting some lowers made that had the NFOA logo for the manufacturers logo.  These would be a limited production so I don't know what the cost would be, but we were thinking they might be fun as a fundraiser.  Perhaps sell some and hold a couple back that we can have made into complete firearms that we could raffle off our use as auction items.  What do you guys think of that idea?  How much would you be willing to pay for an NFOA lower?
$49  ;D
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 06:03:24 PM »
$49  ;D
Thats $49 over the normal price for a lower right?

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »
Thats $49 over the normal price for a lower right?

If it's a $49 Palmetto State Armory lower? Sure!

8)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 07:10:08 PM »
this would be purely for personal use and to show to friends and spread the word.  i am thinking about replacing the "Nebraska Firearms Owners Association" to my trust name and "NFOA" to location.  but this is only in my beginning phases.  i hope to get some rough copies posted here soon.

as for a limited run of lowers, i think its a great idea.  maybe even personalized, but that would add to the cost.

Dan, could you please email me the hi res copy to my personal email.  i think you have it, if not, PM me.

Offline altheman2

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 07:47:38 PM »
I like that idea too...i would be up for a couple lowers....it would help me on my first AR build.  Too many options not enough time  :laugh:

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »
Hmm....I don't need another lower, but...

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 09:15:58 PM »
if everything goes right, i hope to have a few rough ideas posted online tomorrow night.  but we'll see how productive my day off is.

ETA:  ill post them in B&W, since the engraving won't be colored, however i may add color after it comes back.

ETA #2: i don't know if the overlapping graphics will look good.  stay tuned.....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:21:15 PM by RobertH »

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 12:22:14 PM »
Last year on another forum, a group buy was featured on lowers with that forum's logo.  They were nicely done and they offered a very good deal at the time.  While those were 80% lowers, I imagine fully finished ones would be available as well.  Or perhaps offer the choice for those that want to finish their own. (no paperwork, no ffl needed)

I'd be interested in one with the NFOA logo.

Tactical Machining was the source.    https://www.tacticalmachining.com/

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 12:38:15 PM »
I just bought my first lower, but if I can afford it i would probably buy another.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »
I just bought my first lower, but if I can afford it i would probably buy another.

One will lead to another.  Which leads to another... and another... and so on... and so forth.

There is no cure for Black Rifle Disease.  Soon after, you fall under the spell of the "Dark Side".  Next thing you know, you need another safe to store all the AR's and AK's in(and it's harder for the spousal unit to easily count how many you have that way too  ;) ). 
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 01:20:20 PM »
I'd be interested in buying a lower with NFOA on it. I bought a cmmg stripped lower, a2 stock, Stag LPK, and then I ran out of money...

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 01:56:35 PM »
Indent has sent me an email.  they said it would cost $85 to $100 for logos.  i then sent them the hi res logo, so i am waiting back for a better quote.  my computer doesn't have photoshop, it has some consumer grade POS program which is NOT user friendly.  im struggling with a few things.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 02:00:12 PM »
That seems much higher than a few I heard about on ARFCOM a while back.  I'd have to pass at that price.

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 09:09:16 PM »
One will lead to another.  Which leads to another... and another... and so on... and so forth.

There is no cure for Black Rifle Disease.  Soon after, you fall under the spell of the "Dark Side".  Next thing you know, you need another safe to store all the AR's and AK's in(and it's harder for the spousal unit to easily count how many you have that way too  ;) ).

What spousal unit? 

Besides, my finished rifle is sitting on my tv stand, hooked up to my DVR.  Its in stealth mode, disguised as a 46 inch plasma.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 11:20:36 PM »
well here's a days worth of toiling through some consumer grade crappy photoshop ripoff of a program.... ugh....

im going to call it a day for now.  i took out the guns cuz i was thinking it maybe too much over lapping and might look weird after engraved.  then i added the trust info and location.  its not the best.  but i can start from here next time i get time.

opinons?  ideas? 

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 12:30:05 AM »
Robert, you might see if you can add some space between the First/Last/Trust info arc.  Otherwise it looks good, i just fear that it would otherwise look too jumbled/mashed together.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 10:03:52 AM »
i know what you're saying.... trust me, i tried.  the only way you can write on a curve is to make a circle.  so i need to tweak that a little bit.  so far, i haven't received any other emails from Indent, even though i asked them a few questions.  i guess ill keep working on it until i hear back from them.