< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Reply from Sen. Gay on LB430  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Engineer5

• Powder Benefactor
Reply from Sen. Gay on LB430
« on: January 27, 2009, 02:51:23 PM »
Here's the reply I received from Sen. Gay on LB430.  ???  While I know it's still in Committee I like to get them thinking before it comes to the floor.  I thought he somewhat side stepped the issue with me.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for voicing your support for LB 430.  As you know, this is a bill introduced by Senator Mark Christensen that would make several changes with respect to Nebraska?s concealed carry law.

The bill has been referred to the Legislature?s Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member.  At this point, the bill has not been scheduled for a public hearing.  However, should the Judiciary Committee see fit to advance the bill to the entire Legislature for debate; I assure you I will pay close attention to the discussion.

Again, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this issue.

Sincerely,

Tim Gay

District #14
State Capitol
Lincoln, NE 68509
"Beware the fury of a patient man"

Offline 475okh

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Reply from Sen. Gay on LB430
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 03:05:24 PM »
Sent a email to Senator Lautenbaugh and his reply sounded very favorable.  Will keep in close touch as this thing advances.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »
Lautenbaugh is on our side. He's a good guy.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline USN Retired

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:42:58 PM »
Wow, your reply looks just like mine!!!

Dear Mr. XXX,

Thank you for voicing your support for LB 430.  As you know, this is a bill introduced by Senator Mark Christensen that would make several changes with respect to Nebraska?s concealed carry law.

The bill has been referred to the Legislature?s Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member.  At this point, the bill has not been scheduled for a public hearing.  However, should the Judiciary Committee see fit to advance the bill to the entire Legislature for debate; I assure you I will pay close attention to the discussion.

Again, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this issue.

Sincerely,

Tim Gay
District #14
State Capitol
Lincoln, NE 68509
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -unknown