< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: My Favorite holster  (Read 6196 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: My Favorite holster
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 10:28:22 PM »
DanW...out of curiosity can you pose a scenario in which one would go "stealth" as a CHP holder? 

I'm sure I could , but I won't here.

ETA ...Von Maur comes to mind
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Phydoux

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 09:22:47 AM »
I normally carry a USP9. In the winter I like the Blackhawk Serpa when there is a coat to cover it. Recently I was carrying the same defensive sidearm in a Crossbreed. A bunch of us hit some black ice 20 miles east of Grand Island. A commercial van left the west bound lane into the median went airborne, landed on its roof and flopped over on the driver side after sliding up to the edge of the east bound lane. Not really paying attention I fell on the ice on my way to the van. As it turned out the driver as OK just trapped inside and could not get any of the jammed doors open. Slipping and busting my bum, climbing up on top of the van etc. The sidearm never got in the way of my activates and it was just where I had put it when we left home that morning.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 10:34:42 AM »
For my S&W 500, the Terminator by Desantis.
Kimber .45, Galco pancake.
S&W 340SC, Desantis ankle holster, or Galco paddle.

For what it's worth, Midwest Leather holsters look every bit as high quality as my Galco or Desantis holster (only seen in photos).
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline bbtech

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 07:43:23 AM »
VMII or Summer Special depending on my mood. I like them both.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »
For concealed carry, I like the Galco N3 for my hi-power.  For open carry at the range, see MLW's website.  The avenger he made me is on his site.