< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Private handgun sale laws  (Read 3020 times)

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
Private handgun sale laws
« on: January 28, 2009, 06:35:17 PM »
What is all required for private handgun sale ? thanks for the help guys
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Private handgun sale laws
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:20:50 PM »
Basically, the condensed version for the sale of a handgun between two private parties in Nebraska, you both must be Nebraska residents, and the buyer must have a valid Nebraska Firearm Purchase Certificate.

It would be good practice for both parties to sign a bill of sale indicating both parties personal information, a description of the firearm, and the gun's serial #.

I will try to find a copy of the exact regulations to post, but that pretty much covers it.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 07:25:55 PM »
Also, just an FYI, we have a brief simplified summary of various firearms regulations on our main web page. Look in the menu on the upper left hand side for a summary of firearms regulations.

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 08:07:57 PM »
Thanks for the info Jay
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 09:33:36 PM »
Some cities may have a requirement for reporting the sale of a handgun to the local gendarmes

I think this is true for Lincoln, but I have never sold a handgun here, so I don't know the drill

Edit;

here is the ordinance

9.36.030          Report of Sale of Firearms. 
Any person, firm, association, or corporation dealing in firearms of any type shall, on the
same day of the sale of any firearm, except a shotgun or a rifle of a type commonly used for hunting,
report the sale to the Police Department on forms as prescribed and furnished by the Police
Department.  The report shall contain all the information requested thereon.  (Ord. 15625 ?3; July
9, 1990: P.C. ?9.28.025: Ord. 15443 ?1; February 20, 1990: prior Ord. 7936 ?1; December 26,
1962).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:36:57 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 09:44:22 PM »
Thanks Dan, I didn't know that.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 10:46:35 PM »
Another reason to live in Free America instead of Lincoln.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.