< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Copper Plating  (Read 31736 times)

Offline DangerousDrummer

• Forum Member
Re: Copper Plating
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2013, 07:59:28 AM »
I am fighting ADD to finish powder coating before I get back to plating. While PC is great for the larger calibers, my faster rifles need plated. My next batch of PC will be for my 458 SOCOM which is shooting at ~ 1460 fps. I will coat them in flat black and I am sure they will look awesome.

The time consumed for both methods of bullet coating is relative to how many you shoot in an outing. If I were to shoot 30 rounds of muzzleloader, that is a lot. But it is normal to shoot 30  in the 458. We shoot the Mosin in groups of 5 single shots and usually shoot around 25 rounds. The 223/5.56 goes through rounds pretty fast and the same applies to my pistols. I usually take one or two of my grandchildren to the range with me and we take turns so we can spend a whole afternoon shooting the above numbers.  What this means is if I can make batches of 60 they would last for 2 or 3 range outings depending on the rifle. What I use a lot of is targets! I have figured out how to make splat targets, but it is slow and time consuming. Gotta improve that process.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:49:51 AM by DangerousDrummer »