< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New Mexico = One Gun  (Read 902 times)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
New Mexico = One Gun
« on: December 22, 2011, 10:14:05 PM »
Now that Dan thinks I was able to pull some strings down here and got New Mexico to recognize Nebraska's CCW permit I would like to remind everyone of the following;

We all know that when we are in another state that recognizes our permit we must abide by the laws of the state we are in.

In New Mexico it is a Concealed HANDGUN License.

New Mexico DPS (State Police) has determined that means a permit holder legally may only carry ONE concealed firearm at any time.

No concealed NY reloads or BUGs.

New Mexico is an open carry state so you can carry as many as you want openly but only ONE may be concealed.

Carry laws for places that dispense alcohol are different here as well.

Dan if you want me to I'll write a piece on that (alcohol) so you can sticky it where it should go.

Yes, I am a NM DPS CHL certified instructor.

Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: New Mexico = One Gun
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 12:03:05 AM »
Wow....if I'm carrying multiple guns (or any at all) you can be sure that they're all hidden from plain view, if not on my immediate person.  That's kind of disturbing to think you could be committing a crime for having your regular carry gun on your belt and another pistol in the glove box.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: New Mexico = One Gun
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 12:34:09 AM »
One on your belt and one in the glove box is legal. Heck One on your belt and 8 in the glove box is legal.

In NM your vehicle is an extention of your home.

Just don't have more than one concealed on your person when you leave the vehicle.

NM is not a must notify state either.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM