< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Baby steps, Politics, #1, Now.  (Read 1042 times)

Offline iiranger

• Forum Member
Baby steps, Politics, #1, Now.
« on: January 31, 2009, 03:06:30 PM »
This is the time to go to your favorite political party office and volunteer.

The republicans think of themselves as losers. They are, this cycle. McCain-Palin BOMBED. The other party won. The people who were all charged up on emotion are now somewhere crying in their "coffee?" "beer?" "other...?" You  show up and ask, "Can I help," and you will be most welcome. Sweep the floor? Answer the phone?

I am not speaking of working for the party 40 hours a week, 50 weeks a year. No. 40 hours a year is enough. 20 hours even. Answer the phone 5 times for 4 hours an afternoon...

And when the next candidate comes along, they always do, and the discussion turns to "gun control" how might you care to comment? You have earned the right to be listened to.

Now if you hate republicans, then the democrats will do. Their "hot shots" (who won) will be off celebrating or hung over or they are off to the capitol to take a job. Supporters of former governor Boogervich in IL will probably be in hiding...

And take "the kids" with you. They might make valuable friends when they want a job or, God forbid, they might decide to run for office! We could do worse. OR -???-

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Baby steps, Politics, #1, Now.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 05:41:01 PM »
This is excellent advice. I don't know if Nebraska has local Republican organizations but back in Illinois (I draw a lot of my knowledge from my time matching withs with Illinois Democrats). I was a precinct committeeman (I would walk the neighborhoods around election time and distribute literature) I also attended a lot of fundraisers and other random political functions. I was on a first name basis with my state rep and senator (i had their personal cell phone numbers stored in my phone :D ). If we want to be a force to be reckoned with in Nebraska politics, we need to have the ear of many of our legislators. If there is a person running for a seat, be it statewide, countywide, local, what have you, that you really like. Donate to his campaign. Hand deliver a check to his office. We essentially have to become our own lobbyists.

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Re: Baby steps, Politics, #1, Now.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 07:35:11 PM »
Check out this read, and then let's reflect on what just happened nationally with the "new world order" as Pelosi freely states, and let's also reflect on how "O"'s machine went for the throat.  Nice guys finish last...it's sad to say, and I'm not being a pessimist, although one cold interpret it that way...but I sincerely believe that that is reality, whether we like it or not.

Check it out:
http://www.jpfo.org/kirby/kirby-hidden-weapon.htm
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan