< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Brad Ashford has changed his political affiliation from GOP to Independent  (Read 1288 times)

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Brad Ashford has changed his political affiliation from GOP to Independent
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:22:36 PM »
"I have no plans to run..."    Riiiigggghhhhtttt! He's a slippery one. I wouldn't be surprised if he causes MORE difficulties for us.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 09:53:46 PM »
"I joined the Republican Party in 1988 because I believed there was a future for centrist or moderate Republicans, but that's not where the party is today," Ashford said. "And I can't be there (with the party), I'm just not there. I want to be in a place where I can help solve problems and find solutions."

Translation:  "I joined the Republican party in order to convince voters I was really a conservative, which I'm not.  I will change my affiliation according to whatever way I perceive the political winds to be blowing.  I have no real convictions other than believing that more government is better."

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 10:08:33 AM »
"After 22 years as a registered Republican, State Sen. Brad Ashford of Omaha on Thursday said "so long" to the GOP."

........Really? As far as I remember he was a Democrat just before the 2010 election when he then switched to be a Republican. We even had a thread about that here somewhere. I find this odd.

"State GOP Chairman Mark Fahleson said Ashford has long been disengaged from Republican activities in the Legislature.
"We didn't lose Brad Ashford today, we lost him years ago," Fahleson said. "Philosophically, he's not been in line with a majority of issues on our platform, whether on taxes, spending or the Second Amendment (right to bear arms)."

.........Kudos to Mark Fahleson for stating that. Ashford is a leftist loon! Glad to see him leave our party  ;D

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »
Look, it's not his fault he can't remember what side of the fence to fall off of. It's just that he fell to the left and can't get up again.