< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: GO RON PAUL!!!!  (Read 2071 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
GO RON PAUL!!!!
« on: January 04, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D

Not looking to start a discussion, not looking to start a flame war, just doing some cheering!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
Re: GO RON PAUL!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 05:17:10 PM »
I don't really know much about Ron.  I think he has some good principles, but I don't know if he could ever get any of them to fly with the "ins" we have in the House and Senate.  He can't be any worse than any of the other Republican candidates.  Gingrich seems the best of the rest, but that's not saying much.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:02:05 PM »
Overview:

* consistent: been saying the same thing for several decades, and voting the same way as well
** look at his voting history if ya want

* libertarian: as in "obey the Constitution, plzktnx"
** exception to this being very much 'pro life'.  you could easy argue that the SCOTUS has ruled abortion is fine on Constitutional grounds.  Paul has birthed many babies, so ... it's easy to see why he might be pro life hehe... but this still is in Constitution contradiction.
** also, since this is a gun owner's forum, has a history of supporting the 2nd Amendment

* pro life (if this matters to you)
** there's a reason why there's a Dr. in his title

* served as an air force flight surgeon for 2 years, was in the national guard for an additional 3 years

* married to the same woman for over 50 years. has 5 kids, 17 grand kids.  his kids are doctors and in politics as well.
** ie: you wanna talk family values ... ? hehehe

* is very much against big gov't, and his voting record shows that

* is very much anti-war, and his voting record shows that

* although he's "ancient" (age wise), his support base has an insane amount (ratio wise) of young people (see any youtube video etc)
** if you'd like, you can also look at the 08 election poll statistics concerning age / income / etc.
** similarly, the iowa caucuses have similar poll information

* has some rather difficult ideas concerning gold standard, end of the irs, etc. 
** fiscal responsibility - yup, like that idea of his
** gold standard / irs abolishment / etc - harsher pill to swallow in practice

* is an austrian school of economics guy (and has always been afaik)
** ie: balanced budgets, can't spend more money than you have in order to "make money" etc
** see standard arguments of keynesian vs austrian arguments, keynes vs hayek, etc.

* plenty of info available online
** his campaign info site concerning "the issues": http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/
** wikipedia has information as well (standard wikipedia is b.s. warning goes here)
** dailypaul.com is a source of news since the media mainly blacklists paul (standard pro-paul over zealotous warning goes here)

Note concerning researching Paul - the media HATES him.  With a passion.  Similarly, his fan base is typically EXTREMELY zealotous.  As with any candidate / political research, be sure to read many sources and get all the angles from all sides and such.  It really is polar opposites out there, I suggest lots of reading and making up your own mind.

I am a vocal Ron Paul supporter... but not zealotous (afaik).  Abolishment of the IRS is difficult to do in any kind of short term thing (there is much of 'the federal machine' ya have to work on reducing to begin with).  I also don't believe a gold standard would help things much -- you can easily debase a gold standard as you can a fiat (paper) money standard.  IE:  when was the last time the British pound was worth an actual pound of silver ?

above all, with any election, do your own research, do lots of reading, and come to your own conclusions.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 06:12:02 PM »
Go ahead and support Ron Paul, if he is your guy.

BUT, If he doesn't win the GOP nomination, I would seriously pray that all of the Ron Paul supporters would make sure he DOES NOT run 3rd party.      Remember Ross Perot?

Can't have 4 more years.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 06:33:55 PM »
In an effort to keep this as non-aggressive as possible --

And I'm going to sound slightly like one of them 'zealots' I mention >:D -- this upcoming election, I'll be voting Paul no matter what, even if I have to write his name in.  If ya wanna know my reasons why, I'll gladly entertain the 'why' in private messages or something outside of the forum... since my personal reasons become opinion based and will step on toes.... rather than standard political "platform" discussions of 'fact'.

I'm sure the management wants peaceful discussion :).

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 01:19:04 AM »
In an effort to keep this as non-aggressive as possible --

And I'm going to sound slightly like one of them 'zealots' I mention >:D -- this upcoming election, I'll be voting Paul no matter what, even if I have to write his name in.  If ya wanna know my reasons why, I'll gladly entertain the 'why' in private messages or something outside of the forum... since my personal reasons become opinion based and will step on toes.... rather than standard political "platform" discussions of 'fact'.

I'm sure the management wants peaceful discussion :).

Sadly, this mentality will guarantee that Barry O will have another 4 years. Ron can't win the GOP nomination, and a 3rd party will only help the Dems. Sad sad sad. Not arguing anything, just stating facts.
My vote is anti Obama - no matter who it is, not that I am happy about it but we can't afford another 4 years of this crap.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 06:29:37 AM »
I think Ron Paul is the best one out of the bunch and will vote for him as well I think. Problem is I don't think he has much chances left now that he placed 3rd in the Iowa Caucuses. Mitt Romney represents the liberal/moderate RHINO wing of the GOP. He's part of the good old boy network and I despise those guys. Newt Gingrich is another one of those guys pretending to be a conservative but in reality is not. He is a crook, he cheated on two wives, he supports the Global Warming crap and sat next to Nancy Pelosi in an ad for that, and he stabbed gun owners in the back by supporting the misdemeanor domestic violence (as little as yelling at a spouse) amendment and got it passed into law, which strips you of your 2nd Amendment Rights for life. Glad to see his ship sinking!
Rick Santorum seems to be the best thing yet to happen to this whole nomination process. Bachmann has already done the right thing and ended her campaign. Now if only Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich would do the right thing and quit too it would help Santorum immensely against Romney. Romney will win the nomination unless Ron Paul somehow breaks through now, or if Romney is forced to run against only one conservative candidate. So Perry and Gingrich NEED to go!
The downside is that Santorum may be too conservative for the general election. At least Paul could draw some of the disgruntled democrats away from Obama along with young republican & independent voters during the general and have a chance to beat Obama. Then again Paul could be hurt by GOP voters that stay home because they dont agree with Paul's stance on marijuana and the wars overseas. But cmon folks! There is nobody worse than the Abomination!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:32:10 AM by DanClrk51 »

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 06:31:38 AM »
A vote that isn't for whoever ends up being the Republican nominee is a vote for Obama to appoint 2, maybe 3 more judges to the Supreme Court. 
Americans(and gun owners in particular) cannot afford that.  All our efforts could be destroyed if the SC gets a couple more liberal judges appointed.

I will once again hold my nose and vote R.    :(
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 07:11:51 AM »
Pauls isolationist attitude is what concerns me.  Lifting sanctions against Iran?  Come on. 

eh, the boys are going to have to do a fair bit of fancy talking to get my vote.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 07:20:22 AM »

I will once again hold my nose and vote R.    :(

There's the conundrum... when's the last time the choice wasn't the lesser of two evils?

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 10:15:19 AM »
We need a king!  I'll volunteer! :)
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 02:44:11 PM »
How many delegates did both Santorum and Romney get in Iowa? 7. How many did Ron Paul get, oh wait, 7 as well. The Republican party is allowing proportional delegates in the first few contests. Don't know this? There's a reason, the media is scared to death of Ron Paul.

As for being an isolationist, don't buy it. He supports foreign trade and relationoships to the extent that the CONSTITUTION and the FOUNDERS would allow. I feel very sincerely that RP is the best man for the job, why? Because he listens to history. You want to talk about Iran? What gives us the right to impose sanctions on a sovreign nation? It's an act of war. What would we do if China tried to impose sanctions on us? We'd freak the heck out. What if they decided to start building bases on our soil, or invaded us? We wouldn't stand for it.

People cry that he's a nut job, or left of Chairman Maobama because his ideas are DIFFERENT, note I did not say NEW. His ideas come from our founding fathers, what we once aspired for and should again today. I'm tired of the bashing the good Dr. has received from the left, right and media. I too will be voting for Dr. Ron Paul on election day, and if more people who supported him would do the same as opposed to voting for the guy they "think could win" he'd have no problem. Depending on who you read he polls as well against Obama as Romney does. Think I'm wasting my vote? Think I'm giving the election to Obama? Yu're wrong. The country is shifting. We are broke. The military is over stretched and tired. HE GAINS MORE CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS FROM ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY AS ALL OTHE CANDIDATES COMBINED! Why? He supports constitutional wars, there was a time when the majority of Republicans supported that too. Come to think of it there was a time when Republicans supported pretty much everything he espouses today.

Vote for Gingrich, Romney, Santorum, Perry or anybody else, but when your CIVIL LIBERTIES continue to be eroded by someone who "compromises" when it comes to the Constitution I will be first in line to shake your hand. The status quo is NOT what we need right now, we need someone who will ACT.

Our democratic process isn't screwed up, it's the electorate. Less than half of the people out there pay any income tax, and quite a few of those receive "benefits" from the government. You ask those people who they're voting for...It ain't Ron Paul I can pretty much promise you that. The culture of poverty we have created through this welfare state isn't going to be cleaned up by any of your "mainstream candidates".

--KGillen
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 02:45:18 PM »
Pauls isolationist attitude is what concerns me.  Lifting sanctions against Iran?  Come on. 

eh, the boys are going to have to do a fair bit of fancy talking to get my vote.

I am for lifting sanctions against Iran. I'm am for lifting sanctions against everyone. "Free trade with all, entangling alliances with none." The best diplomacy program in the world is one in which all interactions are instances of mutually beneficial voluntary trade.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 02:47:53 PM »
I think Ron Paul is the best one out of the bunch and will vote for him as well I think. Problem is I don't think he has much chances left now that he placed 3rd in the Iowa Caucuses. Mitt Romney represents the liberal/moderate RHINO wing of the GOP. He's part of the good old boy network and I despise those guys. Newt Gingrich is another one of those guys pretending to be a conservative but in reality is not. He is a crook, he cheated on two wives, he supports the Global Warming crap and sat next to Nancy Pelosi in an ad for that, and he stabbed gun owners in the back by supporting the misdemeanor domestic violence (as little as yelling at a spouse) amendment and got it passed into law, which strips you of your 2nd Amendment Rights for life. Glad to see his ship sinking!
Rick Santorum seems to be the best thing yet to happen to this whole nomination process. Bachmann has already done the right thing and ended her campaign. Now if only Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich would do the right thing and quit too it would help Santorum immensely against Romney. Romney will win the nomination unless Ron Paul somehow breaks through now, or if Romney is forced to run against only one conservative candidate. So Perry and Gingrich NEED to go!
The downside is that Santorum may be too conservative for the general election. At least Paul could draw some of the disgruntled democrats away from Obama along with young republican & independent voters during the general and have a chance to beat Obama. Then again Paul could be hurt by GOP voters that stay home because they dont agree with Paul's stance on marijuana and the wars overseas. But cmon folks! There is nobody worse than the Abomination!

Santorum is a big government, deficit spending, gun-grabbing RINO: http://www.ammoland.com/2012/01/04/rick-santorums-anti-gun-history/

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »
Sadly, this mentality will guarantee that Barry O will have another 4 years. Ron can't win the GOP nomination, and a 3rd party will only help the Dems. Sad sad sad. Not arguing anything, just stating facts.
My vote is anti Obama - no matter who it is, not that I am happy about it but we can't afford another 4 years of this crap.

I don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils. That strategy gets you more evil every time. Ron Paul will get the GOP nomination if enough people support him for it, plain and simple.

But hey, I'm not trying to attack you. I respect the fact that you wouldn't vote for Obama, period. A lot of GOPers, like Gingrich, would prefer Obama to Ron Paul. Gingrich is the type who is okay with communism at home as long as he can have perpetual war abroad.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 06:24:21 PM »
re: ron paul is unelectible

And what do you base that on ?  Media say ?

I don't like enter/exit polls, but it looks like the independents love Dr. Paul compared to the rest.

ie (43% Paul compared to 19% Romney):

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2012/iowa-caucus-jan-3/entrance-polls

.... since.... the Red's will vote Red anyway.... Paul taking 43% of the independents looks pretty electible to me.

re: red vs blue

To me, all I see is purple.  Or blue and purply blue.  Under Bush Jr, I recall getting two stimulus checks personally.  We also got the first of the big market boom bailouts under his tenure.  And for how long has GM been getting $$$ assistance anyway ? A few billion a year for how long ?

McCain, who was supposed to be the Rep candidate in '08... yet... he was all for NDAA ?  The House is supposed to be mostly Rep's, yet there were only ~1/3rd nays on the NDAA ?  What about the feeding frenzy of people adding ear marks / spending stuffs to all of the big bills of the last 8 years ?

And I'm a bit on the young side, but can you honestly say that there's a difference between the Red and the Blue over the last 20 years ?  Sure you've got a few nonissue talking points.. but... I don't really see a difference between the two.

All the Red guys (except Paul) have been talking about their plans for more big gov't that would somehow save money and such.  Fiscally, red and blue are the same it seems.

As far as Santorum -- uhm, see his war mongering statements.  I'm sorry, war is bad, mmkay ?  He's also just like the rest of the Red's.  More of the same, no thanks.

Isolationist ? Not really isolationist -- but rather getting our nose out of other people's business where it doesn't belong.  Are we really supposed to be the self appointed world police force ?  What right do we have to assert our values over other peoples ?

I'm sorry, I can no longer just vote Red simply because they're supposed to be idealogically similar to my own ideas.  They no longer are in my book.  Red and Blue are the same in my view.  Do you really think things would have turned out much differently if Red or Blue is in Office ? We've been taking it in the ass for at least the last 20 years no matter which of these two parties is in office.

I'm no longer going to vote Purple. I'm voting my conscience. I'm voting my beliefs.  I'm voting Paul.