< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Daughter turned 12 today...  (Read 1974 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Daughter turned 12 today...
« on: January 04, 2012, 06:53:20 PM »
New to her Marlin 60. Yeah it's pink/camo, but it got her out in the woods!

Wabbits and Squirrels beware!!

Side note; Anyone know of any hunter safety instructors in the Lincoln/Elkhorn areas?  Kinda need to git r dun!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Daughter turned 12 today...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:37:09 PM »
Awesome! There's nothing more fun than taking your kid shooting.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 07:46:18 PM »
Well the original idea was hunting, but no deer, no wabbits, no bushy tailed rats.  Daughter says, but I wanna shoot my new gun. so we broke out the spinner target, found a dirt mound. Between daughter and son 'we' quickly blew thru the 100 rounds we brought along.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 07:44:30 AM »
Good to see!  She's obviously had some teaching from how comfortably she holds her rifle.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 08:19:10 AM »
Bull - Don't know any instructors, but found this on the NE G&P site.  Hope it helps.

http://my.register-ed.com/event/studentchooseevent

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »
Can't tell from the picture, and I never really worried about it, but maybe she could use some shooting glasses.  It almost looks like she's using the wrong eye, too.  Again, hard to say from the picture.  Here is the phone number for the person to call at the Izaak Walton League in Lincoln, call Tiffani at (402)471-5558.  They do classes there, but I can't tell you when or if they have any openings soon (they tend to fill quickly).  Tiffani can probably lead you in the right direction at least.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:36:41 AM »
Wow it does look bad, but she does have glasses on. I know they are PINK to match the gun! ;)
And yeah she has issues closing one eye and I thought she might be cross eye dominate, but says she is using the correct eye. Although it doesn't look good, somehow she's an awesome shot.
Thanx for the info guys, she's looking to do some hunting, so I need to get her into Hunter Safety classes.  I will do some checking. The links I was looking at were a little sketchy on info.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 01:08:48 PM »
NE Bull, I believe she can take the class online at the G&P website, as long as you make certain to do your part and cover the firearms rules a couple of extra times.  I know you do that already....

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »
NE Bull, I believe she can take the class online at the G&P website, as long as you make certain to do your part and cover the firearms rules a couple of extra times.  I know you do that already....
I believe that is correct but I think she still has to do the field day with a class group when they do one and take the written test.  My nephew had to do this a couple years ago.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com