< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: I know what some of you are thinking!  (Read 631 times)

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
I know what some of you are thinking!
« on: January 07, 2012, 05:25:29 PM »
With all the free time I've had to post/comment on the forum, maybe I should be doing some training in firearms self-defense.  Actually, if I had known ahead of time that I'd have the opportunity and the money, I would enjoy and benefit from it.  As it is, I'm on a "vacation" so to speak, and I don't really have the extra cash to put toward a fun and rewarding experience such as the training I might get from some of the regulars on this site.

I'm seriously not trying to monopolize the forum or "stir the pot" or anything like that.  I just enjoy the chance to bat around ideas with like minded individuals, and I happen to have some free time to do so.  I hope I'm not causing anyone a great deal of stress ( a little is okay :)).
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
Re: I know what some of you are thinking!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
You make people think - may not always agree - but that's ok
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: I know what some of you are thinking!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 07:35:01 PM »
  No Problem A&H.  Your being around all day just makes my look less crazy :P.  I work nights, and am usually cruizing the net during the day when I can't sleep (which is most of the time :(  ) and no one really to chat with at work anymore, so for breaks, I gotta check in to NFOA and my emails.   
I too, would love to train and compete with firearms more, but as it is I truly dont have the time what with work, my kids, and everything else I have going on, including trying to do my part to help grow this NFOA thing.  (Heck, it's a glorious day if I actually get more than 5 hours sleep)
  As many have said, many of us joined because we love to shoot and hunt, but those of us that want to make a difference, put more of our efforts into regaining/ retaining our gun rights, we rarely have the time (or money for that matter) for training and competition.  About the only time I really get to shoot is on holidays when I head south to visit family.   This month time and money are of the essence right now.  We'll have to see what happens after the tax-man cometh!!

Until then....good healthy discussions online about training and our rights will have to suffice. ;)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 08:24:45 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane