< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ENPS Steel Challenge match on Jan 22nd...  (Read 3992 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: ENPS Steel Challenge match on Jan 22nd...
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 10:37:42 PM »
If you're on Facebook you can follow ENPS there also.

I am on facebook, but I try to stay away from that social plague.  ;D

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 08:32:24 PM »
There was an outstanding turnout of 44 shooters to the match today---and we had a seriously good time.  (4 Open, 7 Production, 2 Revolver, 9 Limited, 12 .22 Open, and 10 .22 Iron shooters.)

If you weren't there, you missed out! 

...but you get another chance in a month.  Next Steel Challenge match is February 19th, so get that on your calendar.  :)

Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 09:15:38 PM »
That was a blast.  I hope my work schedule allows me to attend more of these.  Thanks to everyone who worked hard to put this together.

Fly

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 10:24:14 PM »
Greetings all,

For my own edification, I have taken the match results and sorted each Stage so that I could see how I compared.  If you would like to see it, click >HERE<

I found it interesting that I was consistently mediocre to sucky.  ;D

ETA: Each individual stage is now sorted by the Division and then by Time.  Also, there is an "Avg Time" which is simply your (Stage) Time divided by the number of strings for that stage (4 for all except Outer Limits which was 3).

Enjoy!
Fly
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 11:14:41 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 05:55:10 AM »
That was a blast.  I hope my work schedule allows me to attend more of these.  Thanks to everyone who worked hard to put this together.

Fly

Ok, new rule for NFOA members---if you show up to a match, you've got to introduce yourselves!  :)

ETA:  It occurs to me that I could put up the link to the standard Match Results page.  Here you go:  http://www.easternnebraskapracticalshooters.com/2012/2012.htm

And if you ever need to check on the ENPS shooting schedule, here's the website for that:  http://www.easternnebraskapracticalshooters.com/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:58:34 AM by jthhapkido »

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 07:09:56 PM »
Yeah, I wimped to.  Read the weather report the night before and...

Anyway, Feb 19 works for me and I have it in the calendar, so I’ll do my best to be there (as long as the “Honey-DO” list is empty).   Now the question is… 40 or 45, or rimfire?  Hmmm, decisions decisions…

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 11:44:23 AM »
Sounds like a lot of fun. I have an Advantage Arms .22 conversion for my Glock 17, I bet I have shot less than 100 rounds through it since buying it several years ago. This would be a great use for it. (And for the 9mm as well...) Also have a nice High Standard Sport King that I would consider using, but only have one "good" mag for that one.

Saw the videos, and a few questions: for the rimfires; no drawing from holster, extra mags desirable but not required? I do have 4  mags for the Glock conversion.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 01:22:29 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun. I have an Advantage Arms .22 conversion for my Glock 17, I bet I have shot less than 100 rounds through it since buying it several years ago. This would be a great use for it. (And for the 9mm as well...) Also have a nice High Standard Sport King that I would consider using, but only have one "good" mag for that one.

Saw the videos, and a few questions: for the rimfires; no drawing from holster, extra mags desirable but not required? I do have 4  mags for the Glock conversion.

We've had several people use the .22 conversions for Glocks in the past. (I keep thinking about it myself, but I like shooting centerfire too much.)

Correct:  Rimfires do not draw from a holster (though if you want to carry it around in a holster as opposed to in a bag, you may), and extra magazines are not necessary as long as you have two and preferably a friend along to load one while you shoot with the other one.  That being said---shooting the Glock conversions and bringing along all four mags will make your shooting a lot easier, as people will only need to reload one mag while you shoot the rest.

Just one magazine will mean that we'll have to stop while you reload between each string, and that won't work very well.  Two mags is workable, though.