< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Precision Response Training CCW 101 Course  (Read 2011 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Precision Response Training CCW 101 Course
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:35:38 PM »
Precision Response Training: CCW 101
Class Offered:  January 21st, 2012
http://precisionresponse.4t.com/CCW101.html

Many people buy a gun and a holster, and decide they are ready to carry a concealed handgun.

And let's be honest---most really aren't. The reality of every-day carry is that it requires a lifestyle change.  You don't simply get the permit, put on a holster and wear it every day---because it doesn't work that way. 

Don't be this guy:

If you want to carry in a way that will be useful (meaning that you will carry every day, comfortably, a firearm that is self-defense effective, in a manner that is self-defense accessible) --- then you have to know more than that guy.

How can you change your lifestyle to encompass safe, effective daily carry?  How do you find the right gun/holster combination for your life?  How do you deal with the people around you?  The places you need to go? 

The Precision Response Training CCW 101 course provides the information and practice necessary for people to enter the CCW lifestyle. From carry modes to safety issues, defensive practice to legal aspects, and shooting practice to mental preparation, this course will help you integrate daily CCW into your life.

During the class, you will have a chance to try multiple carry styles, discuss firearms choice and usage, participate in discussions regarding use of force, and engage in scenarios to practice CCW-appropriate reactions under stress.

CCW 101 is a 6 to 8 hour, one-day course. (Variations in time depends on class size and length of scenario debriefing discussions.) You do NOT need to have your own firearm/holster combination for this course.  You are welcome to bring any holster/firearm combination you have that you plan to carry, however.  (See the website at http://precisionresponse.4t.com/CCW101.html for details about class requirements.)

Note:  This is NOT the State of Nebraska CCW qualification course.   It is, however, what many people need if they want to learn how to carry safely and effectively. 

If you planning on carrying a concealed weapon, or currently carry a concealed weapon, this class will give you information that will make you more comfortable, more safe, and more effective in your daily carry.

Current military, law enforcement, and corrections personnel receive a discount.  (Just send us an email when you register.)

CCW 101:  January 21st, 8:30am to approximately 4:30pm.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponse.4t.com
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Precision Response Training CCW 101 Course
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 11:03:07 PM »
Wow - that guy is quite a D-bag. The first clue ... "It is a privilege to carry a gun" Hmm - last time I checked it was a right.

I agree with you - people should train for carry- not just to pass the test.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 06:40:25 AM »
Know more than that guy?  How is that possible?  He is the Mr. Haney of CCW!
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 09:52:16 AM »
I only watched half the video and counted at least 6 cases of him muzzling himself. 
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
I only watched half the video and counted at least 6 cases of him muzzling himself. 

AND how many times did he have his finger on the trigger with a loaded gun.  I did not see him chamber a round, but considering his other actions, I have no doubt that there was one in the pipe.  Of course, it wouldn't be a REAL video without live ammunition.

After all  those safety violations, I just want to know one thing...WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE BADGES?! Will they be handed out in class and are they part of the class fee or do they cost extra?  ;)

Fly

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 01:40:25 PM »
After all  those safety violations, I just want to know one thing...WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE BADGES?! Will they be handed out in class and are they part of the class fee or do they cost extra?  ;)

Fly

You can buy your own official concealed carry badge and badge carrier in many, many places on the Internet.  (I'm sorry to say.)

Truthfully, I _do_ use the ownership of a concealed carry badge as an indicator of CCW prowess. 

Basically, if you have one---then you probably really don't know what you are doing.  (Either that, or you bought one when you didn't know what you were doing, and haven't quite made yourself throw it away yet, even though you never show it to anyone because you've learned better.)

For those people who think I'm being harsh here-----folks, don't impersonate a police officer.  Note how in the video he says "not trying to impersonate a police officer" but later says "so they might think that....until you can clear things up" etc? 

Don't do it.  If you are a LEO, then you already have a badge.  If you aren't----then don't give the impression you are.  LEOs are given the right to do things you can't (and shouldn't) do because they are also given the responsibility to do a number of things that you won't (and shouldn't) do. 

And impersonating one will 1) complicate an already messed up situation, and 2) be against the law, and 3) automatically prejudice every single law enforcement person you meet against you. 

Just-----don't. 

Fly, I know you weren't serious, and this is NOT directed at you.  It just amazes me how many people get all stupidhappy about carrying a gun, buy themselves a badge, and suddenly think they can handle anything that may happen.  Like that guy.  ("I'm not going to be the one runnin', I'm the one with the gun!")

[sigh]  I'd like to have more of a sense of humor about it, but just watching that guy just sets me off.  On the good side, it gives me plenty of things to discuss with folks in CCW classes...

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »

Couldn't handle watching more?  I must admit, the first time I tried to watch it, I couldn't stand it and stopped it about 3 minutes in so I could vent for awhile.  (Feel sorry for Julie who had to put up with me ranting!)

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 01:42:25 PM »
AND how many times did he have his finger on the trigger with a loaded gun.  I did not see him chamber a round, but considering his other actions, I have no doubt that there was one in the pipe.  Of course, it wouldn't be a REAL video without live ammunition.

Fly

And make sure you wear it around your neck so you can pull it out with one hand if your holding a suspect down with your weapon.  Its clowns like this that end up shooting themselves in public showing someone their gun, not having a proper holster, or are just messing with it when they shouldn't be that get us all labeled.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 02:17:42 PM »
HOLY SCHNIKES!  I just watched the end of the video and he used his trigger finger to spin the gun. 

I could not agree with you gents more.  As I bust a gut watching videos like this, I'm also getting a very sick feeling in my stomach.  He also said that he has children, so the REALLY great news is that his gun knowledge will be passed down for generations to come. Oy vey!

Fly
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:36:41 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »
Man..... This guy is good!

He even has the special white crayon treatment on this G-Lock

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 08:10:12 PM »
I don't need one of those badges.  I have the one my school gave me when I was on the safety patrol in the fifth grade :p)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 09:35:44 PM »
Man..... This guy is good!

He even has the special white crayon treatment on this G-Lock

I know right?! He is the quintessential Glock owner.  ;D (Poking the bear)

Fly

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 10:58:01 PM »
He really reminds me of the DEA agent that shot himself in the foot, literally, in front of a classroom full of kids.

There are so many things he needs to learn - from basic firearm safety - to bigger is not always better (Who couldn't tell he was carrying?) - to you really aren't as cool as you think you are, and doing a very bad youtube video doesn't help. I would not want to go to the range with this guy - ever.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 09:36:59 AM »
There are so many things he needs to learn - from basic firearm safety - to bigger is not always better (Who couldn't tell he was carrying?) - to you really aren't as cool as you think you are, and doing a very bad youtube video doesn't help. I would not want to go to the range with this guy - ever.

...and he is probably wondering why this old video he made is suddenly getting lots of hits.  He probably thinks his expertise has suddenly become popular. 

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 11:08:26 AM »
I tried to post a comment on this video, but low and behold, I have been blocked by the owner of the video.

Fly

Offline MikeF72

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 11:28:13 AM »
Please tell me this was done as a joke!  I'm just thankful I don't live in Florida where I might run across this idiot.  My favorite part was his simulating running away or chasing the bad guy with his finger on the trigger.  He'd run out of ammo before he ever caught the BG.
All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. - Daniel Boone

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 03:44:13 PM »
Please tell me this was done as a joke! 

Unfortunately----not.  If you look at his channel, he has LOTS of shooting videos available for everyone's edification.  [sigh]

I wish I could say he is in a small minority---but if you talk to people who teach the NE CCW required course, you'll find that they really wish that many of their students would take some classes in shooting fundamentals and effective (and safe) CCW.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 10:18:16 PM »
Wonder how many screen names this guys has? I know there are wackos out there like him, but I bet he "talks" to himself in the comments section.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 08:03:21 PM »
Just wanted to bump this as a reminder that the CCW-101 course is this Saturday, and we do have a few openings left. 

$85 for a full day of CCW information and practice---try a number of different holsters and guns (you aren't just carrying a .380 in your pocket because you think you can't carry anything bigger, are you?), do some training drills to understand the type of practice you need to be doing to be effective in CCW-style defensive situations, learn about appropriate use of force, plan how to carry comfortably on an everyday basis, and participate in some common CCW defensive scenarios to see what it is like.

When's the last time you actually ran a stress-based drill with your CCW?  Have you ever?  You might give it a try...

http://precisionresponse.4t.com/CCW101.html