< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Beginning air rifle class  (Read 1214 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Beginning air rifle class
« on: January 19, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »
The Lincoln Izaak Walton League is hosting an air rifle class for kids every Wednesday night now through the end of March.  Start time is 7:00 and it goes through 9:00, but I believe it's pretty informal and you can show up about any time.  It's held indoors in the heated clubhouse, so this is a great way to get the kids into shooting while avoiding the nasty weather.  The calendar of events at the Ike's website has contact info if you have any questions.

www.lincolnikes.com

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Beginning air rifle class
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:42:14 PM »
I thought I would post a follow up to this.  I took my daughter to this last Wednesday and she had a blast.  They had paper targets as well as steel silhouettes, and of course the kids thought the silhouettes were a lot more fun to shoot.  The air rifles provided are Daisy C02 guns, so there are no problems with kids not being strong enough to pump them.  The rifles are really neat - you can buy ones just like them from the CMP:

http://odcmp.com/Sales/rifles.htm

A couple of the guys out there had some nice high end competition grade air guns, so dad got to have some fun too.  The cost is just $2 to help cover pellets and CO2, so it's definitely worth your time.  I'm going to take my daughter and one of her friends back next week.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Beginning air rifle class
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 07:59:16 PM »
COOL, Too bad it's during the week. :(
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane