< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New Anti Gun Organization  (Read 1149 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
New Anti Gun Organization
« on: January 23, 2012, 03:47:34 PM »
And their first move is to try to boycott Starbucks.

http://gunvictimsaction.org/starbucks-boycott/

I say that we all need to take the time to buy an overpriced cup.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
Re: New Anti Gun Organization
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:55:05 PM »
I don't like coffee, but I'll sure take the time to write Starbucks and ask them to ignore these ignorant extremists.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 04:03:25 PM »
I can't afford Starbucks.  I spent all my money on guns.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »
If you buy a cup of coffee at McDonalds, you can buy a cup at Starbucks as their prices aren't that different.  Just don't do the other drinks.  Support the places that respect our rights.
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 02:50:35 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/robert-farago/starbucks-appreciation-day-going-viral-with-a-bullet/

In counter protest there has been a BUYcott organized  the idea is to buy coffee or whatever your favorite Starbucks drink may be on the 14th with $2 bills so they know where the money is coming from. 

The idea of $2 bills comes from the fact that back in the 70's there was an effort underway to make the sailors at Norfolk naval base feel unwelcome, they were harassed by the police and allot of businesses put up signs say no sailors in uniforms allowed.  The Commander had all the payroll (at that time many of us can remember was cash) brought in in $2 bills.  When the businesses saw how much they depended upon the base for their lively hoods the signs came down and the police even became polite.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 05:42:53 PM »
What a cool website.  I never realized how bad guns really were.  Also, was unaware that Gabby Giffords et al were shot up with an "automatic" Glock.  Who knew?  Better go drink my Kool Aid.

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 10:19:22 AM »
In the past I really could care less one way or the other about Starbucks... high priced coffee doesn't trip my trigger, but then that's just me... to each their own. 

BUT, in the past year we've opened a Rescue Mission in York and Starbucks has been an outstanding contributor.  Every single day they give the Mission any pastry over a day old.  Their coffee can only be on the shelf so long and has to go so they give that to the mission as well.  For guests at the Mission to enjoy some Starbucks is a real morale booster.   My hat is off to them!