< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New Guy Group Primer Buy?  (Read 1787 times)

Offline derweibhai

• NFOA Full Member
New Guy Group Primer Buy?
« on: January 25, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »
Hey Guys, just joined the forum here. Been a life long Nebraska resident and firearms person, but just found this organization. Anyways I am planning on doing a bulk primer buy from Wideners soon, and I was wondering if anyone else in Eastern Nebraska is interested in going in with me. I plan on purchasing 10,000 Tula/Wolf small rifle primers for $15.50 per 1000 and maybe some 209 primers as well. Wideners has the best prices on primers I can find anywhere, but you still get stuck with Hazmat and shipping which is basically the same no matter how big your order is. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278%7C284

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: New Guy Group Primer Buy?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:53:59 PM »
I'd love the idea of nfoa group buys, but am not needing much atm and am short on cash anyway.  $15.50 is a good price on primers, too.....

down the line perhaps :D
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 11:18:58 PM »
I've never used Wolf primers before.  Are they any good?  I might be intetested.

Offline monkeyboy

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 05:35:46 AM »
I picked up some a few months ago.Seem to work fine,although they seat a little harder than the domestic ones.Some of the reported ignition problems may be due to the fact that they weren't completely seated.FWIW---Mike.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:38:21 AM »
I picked up some a few months ago.Seem to work fine,although they seat a little harder than the domestic ones.Some of the reported ignition problems may be due to the fact that they weren't completely seated.FWIW---Mike.

I've trialed some Wolf SPP's.  Had a few misfires.  Winchesters don't misfire in the same firearms.  I'll stick with the Winnies thank you.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline gibbs459

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »
I have ran through 2500 Large Pistol primers made by Wolf, and have not had a problem. Been loading them in 45acp and shooting them in a Taurus 1911 clone and a XD. No misfires no hangups.

Still have plenty. Otherwise I'd be game.

Offline derweibhai

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »
I have had great luck with Wolf primers, I have never had any misfire. I do admit that they are sometimes harder to seat than American primers, but at 1/2 the cost and the same reliability I will take them any day.