< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Prairie rats and politics...  (Read 979 times)

Offline iiranger

• Forum Member
Prairie rats and politics...
« on: February 04, 2009, 12:58:50 PM »
There is politics in everything and if our side is not represented, guess which way the decision goes? Against us!

Right now there are a bunch of crack pots complaining about the condition of prairie dogs. No argument, the range is down by 90%. [They are a "pivotal species" for other predators. I.E. "meat eaters" catch and eat them. Coyotes. Hawks.]

POINT IS: that in the news coverage they always say the the loss of life is due to agriculture, shooting and poison.  [...SHOOTING AND poison...]

I had a government fed game biologist tell me off hand that in the 20th century, 90% of the prairie dogs that died, died of government spread poison. 90%! According to him, he was the senior regional game biologist in that office, shooting is insignificant. INSIGNIFICANT!

So who corrects the media. Why does the media make shooters out to be "bad guys?" What do we do?

[Hint: It is called a "press release."]

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Prairie rats and politics...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 09:11:57 AM »
The landowner whose grass rats ZI made an annual trip to shoot has gone and poisoned ALL of his: seems I did not shoot enough of them last year.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.