< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lawsuits against Cities that prohibit Concealed Carry  (Read 1798 times)

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Lawsuits against Cities that prohibit Concealed Carry
« on: February 04, 2009, 02:39:21 PM »
Instead of waiting for someone to be cited for carrying in a bannned city, would it not be prudent to sue the cities that ban concealed carry or require you to jump through hoops to carry concealed even if you have a state issued permit? Perhaps us gun owners/CCW permit holders should generate a pool of funds  to have an attorney who shares our ideals to bring these cities into district court. I contacted the NRA and am waiting on a call back, maybe they can direct us to a good attorney or supply an attorney. Any ideas/comments?

Offline Rule#.308

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Lawsuits against Cities that prohibit Concealed Carry
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 06:52:45 PM »
Good idea.  I am up in Norfolk today and was told the city attorney has Brunning is wrong and Norfolk is going to continue their ban.
Don't pick a fight with an old man.  If he's to old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 09:12:19 PM »
There is a case in the works, just hold tight and be patient. It is not appropriate to post details at this time, but believe me something is in the works.

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 03:03:51 PM »
There is a case in the works, just hold tight and be patient. It is not appropriate to post details at this time, but believe me something is in the works.
Yahooo!  This is worth an extra box of popcorn!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:04:38 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 04:17:25 PM »
Where do we send money for the legal fees...

Offline Coyote Dan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »

Thank God! This is the best news I've heard all week.  Let me know if I can help.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 10:17:31 PM »

The costs are being picked up by a large pro-gun organization, that many people are members of already

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 11:54:43 AM »

The costs are being picked up by a large pro-gun organization, that many people are members of already

Super!  If signatures of "members" are ever needed, as can sometimes be the case, just let me/us know.  Thanks for letting us know about this much so far.  Greatly appreciated.
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline iiranger

• Forum Member
#1), #2), #3),
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 02:23:35 PM »
#1).  "told by city attorney..." This bum is appointed... You think he is going to say something critical/against the folks who see he gets his pay check??? Trusting him is like trusting the fox with the hen house...
#2). I contacted the NRA years ago about attorneys, fortunately I wasn't in trouble, got a list of 2. TWO! Area, Des Moines to G.I., Sioux City to KC, 5 million people and they have TWO attorneys available. One wrote me to say he is retired and unavailable to help me. The other didn't reply... Good F___ luck.
#3). Money from somewhere... Without local involvement this is the "kiss of death." Remember '92. Regan left "good feelings." So when Clinton took over he could shove through the Brady Bill easily. No local, EFFECTIVE, opposition. NONE!. Oh sure, there was '94, but ...