< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: All set for rifle season tomorrow!  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
All set for rifle season tomorrow!
« on: November 09, 2007, 07:38:30 PM »
Wow, after one of the most hectic couple of weeks I have had in a long time, I finally have a little time to catch my breath before rifle season opens up tomorrow, whew!

Good luck to everyone heading out to thin down the deer population in the morning! I am taking two people out over the course of this season on their very first deer hunt. One of them is borrowing one of my rifles. I think I'm more excited about helping them bag their first deer than I am about going myself!

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: All set for rifle season tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 12:28:38 AM »
  :) How'd everybody else's season go....... or is it still going ?   :P  My house did well....... Two bucks in the freezer as of tonight. I still have the burger meat to grind,  but most of the work is done.

Eldest got some shots at turkeys friday......... but didn't kill any. She still said this was "the best huntin' season EVER."
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: rifle season
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 09:44:41 PM »
Both bucks were taken at under 50 yards, both nearly straight on. .270 WIN 150g SIERRRA Gameking (at 2950 f/sec) Bullets disintegrated inside chest cavity. First buck tried to get back up, but the .357 put him right back down........ a little messy.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 09:25:45 AM »
I spent all my time helping new hunters with their first hunts. Had more fun doing that than hunting myself. Same story here, all the deer I saw taken were from under 80 yards, but that is pretty much the norm where I usually hunt. I'm still itchin' to get a 30-30 for myself.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 02:19:56 PM »
Eldest will be using her 30/30 next year............. I can hardly wait.................