< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: paracord - Lincoln local supplier?  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
paracord - Lincoln local supplier?
« on: February 06, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »
Due to many factors I find myself in need of some paracord for my son's Cub Scout den and I have to have it before Thursday.  Is there anywhere in Lincoln where I can pick up something like a 300' length?  They're going to learn how to braid lanyards or bracelets with it.

Thanks!
Bill

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: paracord - Lincoln local supplier?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:51:16 PM »
Cabela's should have some.... but that's Omaha or Kearny.

Have ya tried calling local hardware stores like home depot, lowes, etc ?  Same goes for outdoor sports places / hunting / sporting goods stores.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 04:11:37 PM »
WOW finally something I can help with.
Scheels has some, back near the camping stuff.
The best price, (but not the pink my daughter needs for her sling project) I have found in Lincoln, is at Closeouts Unlimited- the little tools store on Cornhusker (between the radion station and Virginias Cafe)
The have a good assortment of colors and lengths. Also for some awesome knots, braids and such see TIAT on youtube, A fellow Cubleader turned me to him. He has a cool one size fits all bracelet made by using a ponytail holder inside. 
( I also found some at Canfield's in Omaha, but Closeouts price if better)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:44:30 PM »
Thanks Bull, I wondered if they would have some but I don't have time to check everywhere (darn job).  Do you happen to remember if they would have blue and yellow?  Doing the project in Cub Scout colors would be very cool.

WOW finally something I can help with.
Scheels has some, back near the camping stuff.
The best price, (but not the pink my daughter needs for her sling project) I have found in Lincoln, is at Closeouts Unlimited- the little tools store on Cornhusker (between the radion station and Virginias Cafe)
The have a good assortment of colors and lengths. Also for some awesome knots, braids and such see TIAT on youtube, A fellow Cubleader turned me to him. He has a cool one size fits all bracelet made by using a ponytail holder inside. 
( I also found some at Canfield's in Omaha, but Closeouts price if better)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »
closeouts unlimited has them??!!?  i gotta go there and get some.

i know Rod Moeller's store has some paracord and Canfield's in Omaha has a bunch of different kinds in the military surplus stuff.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 08:06:05 AM »
@Bill, I believe they do. We just got the red/white/blue for now, and when we got good at it, We were going to do the same with the blue and yellow. (probably won't make it before our Blue n Gold Banquet at the end of the month :) )
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane