< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Doomsday Preppers  (Read 4487 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Doomsday Preppers
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:56:48 PM »
Anybody watch the premiere of Doomsday Preppers tonight? Makes me feel under prepared...

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Doomsday Preppers
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 06:13:53 AM »
nope guess i missed that...
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:08:03 AM »
Anybody watch the premiere of Doomsday Preppers tonight? Makes me feel under prepared...

Me too! That is all my wallet needed, more social pressure to stockpile! Well, the wife did just get a raise... :)

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »
I believe in being ready but that was a bit over the top, 56,000 pounds of stockpiled food and creating your own methane gas to cook from.  Cooking 6 meals a day so you can can 3 of them, it was interesting though...
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 11:39:40 AM »
I saw some of the commercials, didn't watch the program though.

If these people are such hard core preppers shouldn't they be hush-hush about all their preps?
If the SHTF they're a huge juicy target. 
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »
I saw some of the commercials, didn't watch the program though.

If these people are such hard core preppers shouldn't they be hush-hush about all their preps?
If the SHTF they're a huge juicy target.

Does the show reveal their physical locations? I mean, if SHTF and people go into Mad Max/Lord of the Flies mode (a dubious prospect, but let's assume it for the sake of argument), are they going to go back and review re-runs in order to figure out where these well-prepared, well-armed people are caching their goodies?

A good friend of mine got his fifteen minutes of fame by being one of the only people to live blog Katrina and the aftermath from inside New Orleans. If anything, the publicity about his being armed and well-supplied dissuaded potential looters who were looking for easy looting opportunities. (See this for more on my friend's adventures.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:50:23 PM by CitizenClark »

Offline NplainsmenN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 06:52:38 PM »
Yea so that is my fave program now. Yea some get a little crazy, but it dose evoke some thought for your own life.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 09:48:05 PM »
Does the show reveal their physical locations? I mean, if SHTF and people go into Mad Max/Lord of the Flies mode (a dubious prospect, but let's assume it for the sake of argument), are they going to go back and review re-runs in order to figure out where these well-prepared, well-armed people are caching their goodies?

A good friend of mine got his fifteen minutes of fame by being one of the only people to live blog Katrina and the aftermath from inside New Orleans. If anything, the publicity about his being armed and well-supplied dissuaded potential looters who were looking for easy looting opportunities. (See this for more on my friend's adventures.)

I don't know how much personal info is shared, as I mentioned I didn't watch it. My point is If I am concerned (paranoid?) enough to store literally tons of food & supplies for worst case scenarios I obviously believe are likely to occur, I wouldn't go on TV and brag about it.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 10:12:55 AM »
It looked to me like the producers were doing their best to make the people look like they were off the deep end
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 10:18:51 AM »
Heard on another forum that the big ex-trucker was reported by his doctor as potentially mentally unsound and had all of his firearms confiscated.

Loose lips sink ships.

Offline Jsabbw

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 06:17:17 PM »
ghknives,
You are more right than you think.