< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: We Need to do this!  (Read 1629 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Re: We Need to do this!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 03:07:31 PM »
Hey, JimP.............I am all for it, but then again, I am originally from the east coast where folks are used to speaking up and standing up and barking out...for one's rights, etc.

When my fam and I moved here to NE, I was told by the locals here that the "N" on the side of the Nebraska helmet really stood for "non-confrontation", and that is what they expected from me at the workplace.  Well, a tiger doesn't change its stripes....and so I have remained in support of expressing one's opinions, and willingness to change one's opinion as long as it makes sense and is in support of the common good and all that motherhood and apple pie stuff.

Like I said, I would support what you've posted....but 19 years here in NE unfortunately has me tainted in believing that it would be difficult to find a significant majority of legislators, etc to back it up.  I would love to be proven wrong, though!
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 02:33:29 AM »
That reads good untill the Feds stop all Grants and other money coming in to your state.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 11:41:15 PM »
That reads good untill the Feds stop all Grants and other money coming in to your state.

Yeah.... you take the King's Coin, he gets to call the tune.........
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.