Ammunition & Hand Loading > Cartridge and Shotshell reloading

Loading for the 9mm

(1/2) > >>

3oh8mx:

I know there is another 9mm hand loading thread farther down but figured I would start one here ;D

I want to start loading for my 9mm - what dies would you recommend? I can get the Hornady dies and then kick in shipping to get 100 free bullets. Or I can get the Lee 4 die set that has the Factory Crimp die - what would you do?

I already load for my 243, 308MX, 25-06, and I have loaded some 44mags for a buddy, so I do have some (semi beginner) experience.

-chris

Dan W:
I use a Dillon Square Deal and they have proprietary dies, But I have heard it is tough to beat Lee Dies. And I do use a Lee FCD to finish size any rounds that fail a case gauge test before boxing them up, or loading them into mags.

JimP:
I LOVE the Lee Factory Crimp Dies for my rifles..... have not tried them for handgun yet, but one for my 9mm set-up is the next thing on my list.......

Rich B:
I use Lee 9mm dies (4-die set) and they work well.

Rule#.308:
I have RCBS,Hornady and Lee dies for a variety of different rifles and hand guns and I must say I have been satisified with all of them.  The one factor that Lee has thrown into the mix though is they give you a complete set.  I recently purchased a Lee die for my 30-30 and included was a Lee crimp die which is not standard with the other die manufacturers.  By the way, I can use that same crimp die on any of my .30 caliber rifle ammunition.    ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version