< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Wyoming House advances doomsday bill  (Read 3040 times)

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
Wyoming House advances doomsday bill
« on: February 26, 2012, 07:47:50 AM »
CHEYENNE — State representatives on Friday advanced legislation to launch a study into what Wyoming should do in the event of a complete economic or political collapse in the United States.

House Bill 85 passed on first reading by a voice vote. It would create a state-run government continuity task force, which would study and prepare Wyoming for potential catastrophes, from disruptions in food and energy supplies to a complete meltdown of the federal government.

The task force would look at the feasibility of

Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

Read more: http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/wyoming-house-advances-doomsday-bill/article_af6e1b2b-0ca4-553f-85e9-92c0f58c00bd.html#ixzz1nUmHMX7P

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: Wyoming House advances doomsday bill
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »
A carrier in WY?  Gotta defend those trout I guess.  But good for them to be thinking about these potential events.  We, the US, are on pretty shaky ground right now and it's not getting better. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 08:51:01 AM »
I'm sitting here trying to wrap my head around the carrier thing and just can't figure it out.  I can't see any reason for it, unless maybe they're planning on an alliance with Oregon....

*adjusts tinfoil hat a little tighter*

It's pretty scary when state governments start planning for the potential breakup of the nation.  Make you wonder if it won't be a self-fulfilling prophecy.  After all, if the people lose confidence in their country what else is there to hold it together?

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28:08 AM »
Always Take Wyoming Seriously

Wyoming was the First State/Territory to allow Wimmen to Vote.

Wyoming Knows Something about Starting a Trend.   So this Thing bears watching.

[By the way, None of Us has any affirmative right to vote established by the national Constitution.]

sfg
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:08:34 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline kruiz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 09:54:48 PM »
Ever watched the TV show Jericho? Interesting thought process... Although Cheyenne was the bad guy in the end.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 11:26:50 PM »
Hey you guys ever been to Wyoming?

Maybe they just want an aircraft carrier for some where FLAT to land those strike aircraft.  :o

Who says it's for water ...maybe they are going to build a 4x4 Model.  :laugh:

I kind like the idea The State of Wyoming becoming a Prepper....  ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:32:31 PM by Phantom »
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 05:45:22 PM »
Hey if Nebraska can have a Navy, Wyoming can have an aircraft carrier
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
Jericho was an awesome show....I am not a conspircay theorist, but I am almost convinced there were forces out there that made that show go away.  The claim was it was lack of viewers.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 01:26:26 AM »
Hey if Nebraska can have a Navy, Wyoming can have an aircraft carrier

Hehehehehehe Well at least we've all ready got a Submarine.  ;D

Even if it is land locked........it is still there in N.P.Dodge Park right! and didn't float away did it ?  :laugh:

Phantom
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 01:33:49 AM »
Jericho was an awesome show....I am not a conspircay theorist, but I am almost convinced there were forces out there that made that show go away.  The claim was it was lack of viewers.
Yea i liked it too.....and you might be right  :o

Might be the reason they didn't want JMS to continue writing "Jeremiah" either  ;D
it might have been too close to some of Uncles plans if the SH*T does happen.  ???

Phantom