< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: First time permit.  (Read 5148 times)

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: First time permit.
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »
Ah-hah. Better info than I could find.. ;D

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 10:54:55 PM »
Thanks Dan,
I have a friend that lived in Nebraska, moved out of state, then came back in January.  She left for a job.  Can she take an approved class now, wait until the 180 days is up for her to establish residency, then complete the application process?
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »
Thanks Dan,
I have a friend that lived in Nebraska, moved out of state, then came back in January.  She left for a job.  Can she take an approved class now, wait until the 180 days is up for her to establish residency, then complete the application process?

Yes, I think that would be well within the regulations
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline HuskerXDM

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 10:35:34 AM »
Thanks again Dan!

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 02:07:41 PM »
Dan, is the new avatar an indication of the level of love you've been feeling on the board lately? :)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 06:04:22 PM »
Thanks Dan,
the REAL question is;  "Why, on God's green earth, did she come back? "   ::) :P
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline HuskerXDM

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »
Obviously, it's The Good Life. 

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 06:34:33 PM »
Dan, is the new avatar an indication of the level of love you've been feeling on the board lately? :)

You noticed that... I thought it was funny, but I have very strange sense of humor.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 09:26:59 PM »

You noticed that... I thought it was funny, but I have very strange sense of humor.

Dan I like it, in fact I was considering stealing it.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 04:55:17 PM »

**** storms *are* funny.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline JumpStart

• Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »
Well today is day 45 for me I called the NSP  to check the status of my permit was told to wait 1 to 2 more weeks.  The lady I talked to was very understanding and knew about the law.   I just emailed the governors office and did a complaint thru the ombudsman office.  Not sure what else to do besides call again on monday and see where things are at. 

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 05:15:34 PM »
Yes JumpStart withing the next week or so they will start sending out permits to everyone who is at or over the 45 day time line, They are standing things up to do this at this time but they do need to keep track of who they do this for so they continue the processing.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 09:54:06 PM »
Andy.........

Heard anything about the CID Office working on CHP renewals?

I hit 45 days today, no renewal CHP in the mailbox yet.    As we all know, it's supposed to be 5 days turnaround time on CHP renewals.   Good thing to start Very Early in the four month window.

Anyhow, back to the issue of getting on schedule w/CHP renewals. 

Any news there??

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 09:56:34 AM »
http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,5365.0.html

I added updates here, they are hoping to get things caught up over the next couple of weeks, they are brining in so temporary part time people to help get them out and trying to address the issues.

Personally I hope this is the truth and we are about to see a lot of permits coming out.  I think we need to look at this as a learning experience for the SP and try to work with them to help them avoid these problems in the future.  If you are not in danger of your old permit expiring I would request being a little more pateint before making to many calls.  The same person that talks to folks on the phone and responds to emails is working on issuing permits, which would we rather have them do send out a permit or apologize for the permit not being out yet.

Lets give them a couple more weeks and see if they are getting caught up.  If there is not an improvement soon then we need to readdress this in a firmer way.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »
Thanks, Andy............

Your suggestion about patience will be respectfully heeded.

Whether (a) more squeaking wheel would help to spur the CID to great efforts or (b) some watchful waiting might be in order at this time was the issue for me.

As it happened, I applied for renewal at the very beginning of the four month window.    Present CHP won't expire until June.

So there's a bit more time on my permit.    I'll give the situation until the end of April and see what happens.   And will post that info on this Forum as it unfolds.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 10:43:29 AM »
Thanks SFG, right now the best thing we can do is recognize that they are trying to fix this and give them the chance.  I recommend to anyone whose permit is coming due to take advantage of that four month period and get their apps in early.  Hopefully by the time they get them in this will be straitened out and will no longer be a problem.

The Lt. Colonel I spoke with specifically stated they do not want anyone put into a position where their permit expires before a new one is issued, if someone gets into that position they should make the call to the CID and they will make them their priority.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2012, 08:54:33 AM »
Finally, after 61 days it's here.  There oughta be a law against that.........oh wait, there is.   :laugh:

Offline AlanS

• Powder Benefactor
    • ShadduckPhotography.com
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2012, 11:04:18 AM »
Finally, after 61 days it's here.  There oughta be a law against that.........oh wait, there is.   :laugh:
Wow, 61 days!

I called last Thursday - my day 44 - (before Andy's request for patience above) was told they are taking "close to 60 days" ... I acted so surprised and disappointed, politely asked "so, you guys really don't issue by day 45 as the statute and regulation requires??"... The immediate response was "no, we don't do that very often, would you like to talk to my supervisor?"

I just continued to whine about how disappointed I was, "was REALLY counting on being able to carry during a camping trip to Yellowstone in a couple of weeks... sure thought that I had done everything I needed to do to get it in plenty of time, thought I understood the time-frames." She offered, "well maybe I can do something" ... "can you??" .. "yes, I think so" ... looked up my app, confirmed it was received Feb 28, and said "I'm gonna pull your application and see what I can do to get it out to you." So, I am hopeful (especially after Andy's great work on our behalf) that maybe the mailman will bring me something soon!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:54:08 PM by AlanS »

Offline AlanS

• Powder Benefactor
    • ShadduckPhotography.com
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »
Got it today! 50 days (letter says it was mailed two days ago).

Offline RedNeckson

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »
AlanS ---- Very Good  ;D  - I think everyone who is over the 45 day mark will soon  be seeing their permits showing up also --- Neal
EAT THE PAIN