< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln Area Questions  (Read 1180 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Lincoln Area Questions
« on: March 04, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »
Well with turkey season and fishing season approaching I have a few questions. Is there any public land around Lincoln that people have seen turkeys on? Off highway 77 down by Old Cheney I have driven by several flocks, but just a couple miles away at Yankee Hill I have never seen a trace of turkey. Or if anybody has some private land within an hour of Lincoln I wouldn't have a problem thinning their population for ya  ;)

And in regards to fishing has anybody fished at Killdeer? Went out there in the fall after a Game & Parks guy said there were a lot of deer, sadly didn't see anything while in the blind and never rustled anything up walking around. Anyways, how is the bass and catfishing there? Seemed like a nice little lake that is far enough away to be relatively quiet.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
Re: Lincoln Area Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:08:13 AM »
When I lived in Lincoln there was a WMA about 5 miles straight East of Bennet that I liked to hunt at, shot a nice buck there and several turkeys.  Not sure the name of it but its about a half section or so.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Lincoln Area Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 09:50:13 AM »
Looks like Triple Creek WMA. Thanks for the reply I will scout that one before turk season.