< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 90 days for CCW permit ?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline cruiser1947

• NFOA Full Member
90 days for CCW permit ?
« on: April 01, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »
I was curious if anyone had to wait the full 90 days for their CCW permit. When I applied for the permit I was told it could be 90 days until I get it. I was kind of surprised as the State Patrol site says that you will receive the permit within 45 days if everything checks out. 

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
Re: 90 days for CCW permit ?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 05:02:58 PM »
Mine took 35 days to the day, they told me 6 weeks.  With renewals this year it is slowing them down, I suspect they will get slower and slower....  I'm hearing over 30 days for just a renewal now and its is suppose to be 5.

There are many good people in the NFOA and they will take care of this like always.  I need to get my donation in once my tax $$ come in.  I'm lucky, I was one of the first people to take the CCW class but I chose to not apply becase of the laws at the time.  I finally applied last year and I bet by the time I  renew all the problems will be solved.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 07:27:25 PM »
Mine was right at 30 days.

Offline AlanS

• Powder Benefactor
    • ShadduckPhotography.com
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 07:40:20 PM »
Mine was right at 30 days.

Anyone know how long the new apps are currently taking... has anyone received theirs recently, like the last few weeks? Am at day 33 and counting/waiting...

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 08:11:33 PM »
Until we can push the Nebraska State Patrol to increasing the staff levels, I would call and /or write the troop where you applied and remind them of the requirements in the law to process your permit within 45 calendar days.

If they don't take that well, complain to their boss,  Dave H

here is the regulation

009.01 If the application for a permit to carry a concealed handgun is complete and all accompanying documentation is submitted, a permit will be issued to the applicant by the Nebraska State Patrol within forty-five (45) calendar days so long as the record check reveals no disqualifying information and applicant meets all of the requirements of the Act and these regulations. If the record check can not be completed within the forty-five (45) calendar day limitation, a permit will be issued but is subject to cancellation if information is received that disqualifies the applicant
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline cruiser1947

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 09:14:58 PM »
Thanks Dan, I will give that a try. Hopefully it will speed things up.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 04:02:56 PM »
Dropped mine off this morning. They told me 45 days, but please don't pester them til 50 days. They said they have had more applications in the first 3 months of this year than they had total for 2011.

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »
Dropped mine off this morning. They told me 45 days, but please don't pester them til 50 days. They said they have had more applications in the first 3 months of this year than they had total for 2011.

This is amazing... awareness is on the increase.  I've noticed more and more people are talking about CC, noticeably so among women.  It'd be interesting to know how many women have applied.  Does NSP make any stats available?

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 05:48:30 PM »
I asked for some stats, they said to try a "Freedom of Information" request. The guy doing the fingerprints made it sound like my chances for success were slim. The bit above is all I was able to get out of them.

Offline gwilly

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 08:16:03 PM »
I submitted mine a couple weeks ago at the Norfolk office. They only accept them 2 days a week. The gal that took my prints said that's all she would get done if they took them 5 days/week.
I was told it'd take 6 weeks....we'll see.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 10:21:34 PM »
Has anyone tried getting the 'temporary permit' at the 45 day mark?  I think people should be demanding (nicely  :)) that temp permit if the real deal isn't getting out in time. 

My buddy dropped his off his application in Lincoln today and they told him the hold up was all the renewals from January.  I told him wait 45 days and then ask for the permit that the statute says you should get until the permanent one arrives.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:24:01 PM by HuskerXDM »
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline cruiser1947

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 04:04:23 PM »
50 days now and still nothing.

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 04:21:49 PM »
I emailed Governor Dave Heineman on March 9th.   Got my permit processed on March 13th.  about 46 days. 
Last week I received a letter from the governor.  He said he sent my inquiry to the state patrol and received information back my permit was processed on march 13th.   letter was dated march 23rd. 

Still not sure if my email helped.   Maybe if enough people inform the governor,  it will prompt him to check into it more.  I listed the statute number and the statute itself in the email.