< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Beretta 92FS  (Read 869 times)

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
Beretta 92FS
« on: April 01, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »
I know its a bit dated gun but I love it.  I picked one up a few weeks ago.  Love the safety, the SA trigger pull, the long barrell, the hammer, and the sights.  I can CCW it as well without much issues.   Its much cheaper than a 1911.

Lots complain about it because of its large size for only a 9mm.  I'm fine with the size and the 9mm, but the only thing I do not like is the mag capacity.  For such a big gun, why only 15 rounds in the mag?  My XD9 SC holds 13, and 17 with the mag exension and is still smaller. 

The XD mags pack the bullets down to the bottom of the mag.  The 92 mags leave over an inch left in the bottom, and there are these indents that get in the way of more rounds.

Does anyone know of a way to modify the stock mags to hold more rounds, or if there are after market mags that hold more rounds and still are flush with the butt of the gun?

Just seems a gun like this should hold 20 rounds in the mag, therefore justifying its size.  If I could get 20 rounds in there then I would be darn happy.  I do see there is a 30 rnd mag but it increases the butt size alot.

Thanks!