< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Why am I pro gun?  (Read 1036 times)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Why am I pro gun?
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:21:54 PM »
I was recently asked by a reporter for a college newspaper "What personal experience drove me to get Nebraska Students for Concealed Carry started?"

I was not prepared for that question, and didn't have a GOOD response. Then at the empty holster protest today, a question posed by an opponent brought out the real reason.

Anonymous: "Have you ever seen someone shot?"

I responded: "Yes, I have. Many people. [Entire families massacred actually, defenseless victims of ethnic cleansing, who had been illegally disarmed by the unit before us] "

He immediately stormed away before I could finish. I yelled to him, "I appreciate you approaching this idea with logic and an open mind!"

So here is my response to the reporter's question:

I have seen many people killed. Entire families massacred actually, defenseless victims of ethnic cleansing, who had been illegally disarmed by the unit before us. There were Iraqi Police in the area, however they only arrived in time to clean up the mess. Written on the wall in blood: "We reclaim this house from a non-Muslim."

In every area I was in, pacification occurred most rapidly after we purposely armed militias called "Sons of Iraq" to protect their neighborhoods. These individuals were authorized to open carry anywhere in their own village, including schools, and were almost entirely untrained and self regulating. Even regular civilians were allowed to keep firearms for self defense in their own homes, and, at the discretion of local forces, many where allowed to carry concealed weapons, including school teachers.

The moral of the story: Disarming the law abiding only empowers the criminal.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Why am I pro gun?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:31:57 PM »
Wow heck of a story.
Thank you for your service!

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:07:08 AM »
Wow heck of a story.
Thank you for your service!

Boy I guess!
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 07:49:58 AM »
Wallace11Bravo........

There's a Book in there somewhere.

I'll buy one.

You autograph it.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 08:18:39 AM »
Wallace11Bravo........

There's a Book in there somewhere.

I'll buy one.

You autograph it.

sfg

Good point SFG, there could be a really good book in there.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 08:32:43 AM »
--Or at the very least, a nice lengthy essay...
β€œIt is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »
What can I do to help your group? Be specific.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 10:55:40 PM »
I am currently seeking to get the official support the NFOA. I'll be attending the NFOA banquet and am hoping to get a chance to speak there. If you could contact the Board members and urge them to support us, that would be excellent.

Write, call, or meet with your senator. Talk to people, spread the word. Do you know any fair minded journalists? Encourage them to write about this issue.

A book? Perhaps :)