< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: So with the long waits for permits and renewals...  (Read 974 times)

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
So with the long waits for permits and renewals...
« on: April 07, 2012, 11:10:11 PM »
how long should I wait to start pressuring to get my instructor certification and materials?  I applied on February 22nd and haven't gotten a call or email.  I assist my brother, who is certified, and submitted the same curriculum he did since we wrote it together.  I was hoping that would speed up the process but apparently not.

The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: So with the long waits for permits and renewals...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »
Mine took just under 5 months.  It is a wholly separate process than CHP.  SGT Loveless is tasked with this, not CID or its CHP crew.  This is not his only job and from what I understand is extremely busy at the NSP academy day in and day out.  I emailed him a few times.  I recall only getting one reply during the process.   There is NO statute for a time table to issue instructor credentials.   In short, patience......

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 10:15:28 AM »
Some have taken 10 months

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 05:31:48 PM »
Holy wow!  I'll count myself very fortunate, then, that I got the call yesterday with two clarifying questions and a stamp of approval on my instructor application.  I applied mid February so that brings me in just under 2 months. 
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.