< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Political Candidates  (Read 830 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Political Candidates
« on: April 11, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »
I think everyone knows and understands that the NFOA can not and does not take a position on any particular candidate for office.  Doing so would be a violation of Federal Tax Law so we avoid it.

That said I have been getting a lot of politicians lately, those who are in office and support us as well as those who are just running for office, who could use some help.  We spend a lot of time wondering what can we do to get greater influence with elected officials and how can we effect a race to unseat someone who does not support our position.  I am not going to tell anyone who they should support but one thing that we all could do to help out a candidate that we as individuals support is to give their election office a call and volunteer to help put out yard signs.  These folks have lists of people who would like a yard sign and the campain's need a good cheap way to distribute them, so if you have an hour or two and there is a candidate that you support call their office and offer a hand, and say the NFOA sent you to help out. 

This way you get to help the candidate you want elected, it does not cost you a lot of money and you help the NFOA at the same time.