< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Aftermarket stock for a Marlin 795  (Read 17301 times)

Offline CedarBill

• NFOA Full Member
Aftermarket stock for a Marlin 795
« on: April 12, 2012, 11:51:10 AM »
I'm thinking about buying a 22 for my oldest sons and am debating between a Ruger 10/22 and a Marlin 795. I would prefer a Marlin 795 but I would like to put an adjustable stock on it to make it easier for them to use. I can't seem to find any on the web. Does anyone here have any ideas?

CB

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Aftermarket stock for a Marlin 795
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 12:27:17 PM »
There is limited aftermarket upgrades for the 795 due to the way it is designed and manufactured.  The receiver/frame is actually part of the stock so replacing the stock means you technically end up with a new gun, at least by ATF rules.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 12:54:55 PM »
There is limited aftermarket upgrades for the 795 due to the way it is designed and manufactured.  The receiver/frame is actually part of the stock so replacing the stock means you technically end up with a new gun, at least by ATF rules.

That is not true at all , I own 2 795's and the receiver is serialed just like any other rifle, and the stock is removeable from the action
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 12:57:50 PM »
Check out Boyd's gunstocks for Marlin stock options

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 01:45:31 PM »
My 795 the serial is a little metel tag in the plastic of the stock, I wonder if there is, or at some time has had a change?

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 08:35:49 PM »
Sorry I got too busy to respond more completely.

Here is an great board at Rimfire Central for Marlin 22's

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=217
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 09:00:39 PM »
image removed

See the serial number in this image...All the 795's I have ever looked at had the serial number engraved in the receiver in this location on the left side towards the front.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 09:02:54 PM »
My 795 the serial is a little metel tag in the plastic of the stock, I wonder if there is, or at some time has had a change?

Never say never, but I haven't ever seen one like that
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 09:07:33 PM »
Now you got me wondering if I'm thinking of a differnt gun, I have it and two or three oher 22's up at the farm and the nieces and nephews get to use them.  I guess one of these days I need to go visit my rifle again and check this out.

Offline ugean

• Post approval required
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 01:53:49 PM »
I know this thread is a little old but it comes up early in Google when looking for a replacement stock. So I wanted to share that there is a new option out there for the 60 & 795.
http://huntingtactical.com/HT60

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 09:40:08 PM »
I know this thread is a little old but it comes up early in Google when looking for a replacement stock. So I wanted to share that there is a new option out there for the 60 & 795.
http://huntingtactical.com/HT60

That has to be the ugliest  stock I have ever seen,, well except for the marlin lever action 30-30  that they put the same stock on,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 08:46:29 AM »
     That has to be the ugliest  stock I have ever seen,, well except for the marlin lever action 30-30  that they put the same stock on,

NO!  that is not a Marlin, That is the Mossberg 464 SPX lever gun they attempt to make Tacticool. 

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 09:27:14 AM »
NO!  that is not a Marlin, That is the Mossberg 464 SPX lever gun they attempt to make Tacticool.

OK, thanks. that was such a bad idea I had tried to purge it from my head.. guess I onl;y got rid of part of it,
 NRA Endowment member

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 02:08:04 PM »
I even hate to think of Mossberg going down that path.  Now Taurus? I could see them do it.  LOL
That being said, I kinda want one... just for the WTF? response. 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 02:43:34 PM »
I even hate to think of Mossberg going down that path.  Now Taurus? I could see them do it.  LOL
That being said, I kinda want one... just for the WTF? response.
   not me, I liked being laughed at cause I did something funny, not because I did something stupid
 NRA Endowment member

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 03:14:20 PM »
They failed.......miserably.