< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Places to Shoot.  (Read 6253 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Places to Shoot.
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 09:19:28 PM »
Lat. 40.59315
Lon. -95.76712

That help?

Try going south out of Nebraska City on Hwy 75 ..... I can't remember if it is County Road P or N that you follow east  down to the river....... google it...... should turn up a map.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 09:27:57 PM »
http://ccwnebraska.yuku.com/topic/2871

It is a State Wildlife Management Area just south of the Nebraska City power plant.Take Hwy 75 south of Nebraska City and turn left at the OPPD power plant sign. Follow that road acroos some railroad tracks to a T. You will bw able to go straight or turn right. If you go straigt it is a narrow road that leads to a parking area and a place to shoot.There is a sign at the innesection but hard to read. If you turn right go about 1 mile south to another t and turn left. This is the south entrance and there is a place to park and shoot as well.*lease clean up after yourself when done so we dont loose this area.

By mtncrash1
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 09:57:54 PM »
http://ccwnebraska.yuku.com/topic/2871

It is a State Wildlife Management Area just south of the Nebraska City power plant.Take Hwy 75 south of Nebraska City and turn left at the OPPD power plant sign. Follow that road acroos some railroad tracks to a T. You will bw able to go straight or turn right. If you go straigt it is a narrow road that leads to a parking area and a place to shoot.There is a sign at the innesection but hard to read. If you turn right go about 1 mile south to another t and turn left. This is the south entrance and there is a place to park and shoot as well.*lease clean up after yourself when done so we dont loose this area.

By mtncrash1

is there any guns not allowed?  like is there a rifle "too big" or is it shotguns only?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »
I haven't shot there , but I know that groups are firing 5.56 ammo out there and probably .308 too
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 10:08:51 PM »
I haven't shot there , but I know that groups are firing 5.56 ammo out there and probably .308 too

and is it free?  or whats the cost?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 11:04:10 PM »
Free state wildlife management area. Just clean up your trash when you are done
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 11:27:31 PM »
Sounds cool... I still haven't found a good outdoor range. I keep looking at ENGC and Weeping Water Gunclub. Anyone members of either that can say which is nice club? I think I'm about equidistant from both... I live very close to Oakview mall.

Offline Ry45

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 03:22:43 PM »
Cool! thanks fellas for the directions! Maybe this weekend ill get out and see if i can find it.  :P

Offline maanbr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2009, 12:52:10 PM »
Krylancelo,
ENGC and weeping water are both nice ranges but ENGC has a better facility all together with a variety of ranges.  It would be closer to you as well if you are by Oakview.  If there is a match at WW the range is pretty much shut down for it.  At ENGC they usually have a few other ranges to shoot at if there is a match at another one.
I know it has been beat to death already, but if anybody chooses to shoot at Hamburg Bend or any other outdoor property, PICK UP your TRASH!  This can't be said enough.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2009, 08:49:01 PM »
I know it has been beat to death already, but if anybody chooses to shoot at Hamburg Bend or any other outdoor property, PICK UP your TRASH!  This can't be said enough.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem: pick up the trash you find, even if it ain't yours.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2009, 09:54:37 PM »
Hamberg Bend is free. As far as I know you can shoot anything you want just no tracers. As others have said clean up when finished. My son and I try to leave it better than when we got there. We will be going down on Monday if anybody wants to meet up. Probably gat there around 11am.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 11:26:26 PM »
I'm horrible with directions. I'll have to dedicate a day to try and find these places. That or one of you fine gentleman will have to hold my hand and show me where to go.  ::)

Offline Ry45

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2009, 02:52:00 AM »
Well came out to Hamburg bend earlier this afternoon. Awesome place to shoot, got to let my rifles stretch a bit. The place was very easy to find and not to far from me. Saw a family that was out shooting as well, nice people. Also had an officer stop in on us, he hung out with me and my fam a bit, very nice guy and he even told us he wants to see us out there shooting again!

thanks for the directions guys!

(also came back a bit of trash that other morons seemed to have discarded! >:(

~Ry

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2009, 08:53:25 AM »
Glad you found it ok. I go to The Bullet Hole quite a bit but when my son and I both can make our schedules work thats where we go.We have even driven further south on those roads just because. That whole area is pretty nice. One of these times might even have to do some hiking in there.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline AJ_Engineer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2009, 05:46:07 PM »
I'm in Omaha as well, I went down to Hamburg Bend though on Labor day in the afternoon. Nice and quiet, took home more brass than I went with.

Offline GunFun

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, I was looking for a nice free outdoor place to shoot.

I never leave trash anywhere (except in my car). :)

Offline GunFun

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 12:01:15 AM »
I'm horrible with directions. I'll have to dedicate a day to try and find these places. That or one of you fine gentleman will have to hold my hand and show me where to go.  ::)

Google maps or Mapquest is awesome, it's 6 miles south of Nebraska City, according to an earlier poster, so not a bad drive for me. Apparently this is the spot my neighbor was talking about. :)

Offline AJ_Engineer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 08:57:58 PM »
For those that like looking at it on a map, this is the route I drove there and the parking lot. Shot about 25 feet from the parking lot on one side of the berm going south.

[attachment deleted by admin]