< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: GOA meetings tomorrow May 4 all across Nebraska  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Ross Berck

• Powder Benefactor
GOA meetings tomorrow May 4 all across Nebraska
« on: May 03, 2012, 03:37:02 PM »
logo

May 03, 2012

Gun Owners of America
Join Gun Owners of America at Nebraska Town Hall Meetings
With Special Guest Don Stenberg

A Gun Owners of America representative will be in Nebraska on Friday discussing the pending contempt of Congress citation against Attorney General Eric Holder.

Get the facts on this issue and more on Friday, May 4, during town hall meetings in several Nebraska locations (listed below) with GOA’s Director of Federal Affairs John Velleco and special guest speaker Don Stenberg.

GOA is leading the charge in calling for Holder to be fired and investigated for possible criminal wrongdoing. It is all but certain that Holder perjured himself before Congress on several occasions in denying any knowledge of a “gun walking” scandal that facilitated thousands of firearms getting into the hands of violent Mexican drug cartels.

Come to a location nearest you to learn more at a GOA town hall meeting tomorrow, Friday, May 4.

Times & Locations:

7:00 A.M.
OK Cafe
806 West 16th
Hastings, NE

8:00 A.M.
Grandma Max’s
105 N. Wheeler Ave. (right by I-80)
Grand Island, NE

10:30 A.M.
Pickett Fence Cafe
2714 13th St.
Columbus, NE

12:30 P.M.
Brass Action Gun Shop
245 W. Country Rd. 20 (by Highway 77)
Fremont, NE

3:00 P.M.
The Granary
922 13th St.
Norfolk, NE

4:45 P.M.
Gene’s Pawn Shop
206 1/2 E. 11th Street
S.Sioux City, NE

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: GOA meetings tomorrow May 4 all across Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »
Any NFOA members going tomorrow?

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 05:44:18 PM »
I can go to the one in Fremont. Do I need to call and let them know I'll be there?  Shining a bright light on Holder may be effective  in fighting Obama's reelection. Maybe I'll wear my NFOA shirt.  RJ

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »
You should wear your NFOA shirt, RJ.  And take some brochures. :)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
A couple more stops for the GOA.  On Saturday they are joining with the Value Bus, sponsored by The Heritage Foundation and FRC Action for stops at:

9:00 am Omaha, Memorial Park
12:30 Grand Island, Pioneer Park
3:30 North Platte, Platte River Mall
6:30 Kearney, Grand Central Apple Market

The GOA will be doing several more appearances in Nebraska, I know that lunch time on Monday they will be at a certain gun shop in LaVista.  I am hoping to get a complete schedule this evening and will send it out to all our members if I do.

Offline CedarBill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 10:54:17 AM »
I wish they would do something on a weekend when more people could come.

Offline gibbs459

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 07:27:57 PM »
Well, I guess I expected more. Rather disappointed….

The bus was 1hr late as expected. They lost allot of people due to the timeline they used. The few who stayed did not hear what they were expecting. Nothing was said about the Holder case. The GOA rep was introduced, but due to a lack of time they only had Don Stenberg speak. The standard talking points I have heard every politician use, including amending the constitution. Which I strongly disagree with.

The North Platte event was a disaster in my opinion. Very unorganized.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 09:47:03 PM »
I went to the Omaha event, there were about 50 people there.  Got to visit with the GOA Lobbyist and had a little time to visit with a bunch of folks after the bus left, had a good conversation and handed out a bunch of brochures.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 02:34:58 PM »
I would have liked to go, but the times and places just couldn't work for me.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 03:34:01 PM »
Lincoln 9am Monday morning.  I planning on this one. Anyone else wanna meet up there? Or shorlty before somewhere for coffee/ prep.  Will be sporting my tshirt and have a few brochures on hand.  PM or call me.

Monday, May 7
9:00 A.M.
Lancaster County Event Center
4100 n. 84th Street Exhibit Hall connected to Pavilion 3/furthest South
Lincoln, NE 
11:30 A.M.
 RL Moeller Sporting Arms
7508 S. 84th Street
LaVista, NE
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 07:18:08 PM »
Well, I guess I expected more. Rather disappointed….

The bus was 1hr late as expected. They lost allot of people due to the timeline they used. The few who stayed did not hear what they were expecting. Nothing was said about the Holder case. The GOA rep was introduced, but due to a lack of time they only had Don Stenberg speak. The standard talking points I have heard every politician use, including amending the constitution. Which I strongly disagree with.

The North Platte event was a disaster in my opinion. Very unorganized.

OH  OK! So this was a campaign stop.  Same in Lincoln. To say the least, myself (and I believe Ghost) as well were quite dissappointed.  Although I did rub elbows (talk shop) with a couple locals and handed out some cards.  (Oh well, it was a good excuse to ride the new 'scooter' across town.)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Ghost

• Steel Benefactor
  • NRA Life Member - 1972
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 07:51:55 PM »
NE Bull is right, I was disappointed in the Lincoln meeting too.  Not so much because it was a campaign stop, but because there was very little discussion (as they had advertised before the meetings) about where the Fast & Furious situation currently stands. 

I was able to chat with the GOA reps about F&F as the meeting was breaking up though.  They advised keeping up the contact with our Congressional reps so F&F doesn't fall by the wayside during an election year.

Ghost   
A well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free State......George Mason

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 07:27:41 AM »
I listened to Becca's interview yesterday of the GOA rep.  Frankly, I was embarrassed that this individual was representing gun owners directly or indirectly.  Sounded like he should have been a guest on "Coast to Coast".

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »
This whole dog and pony show makes me wonder what kind of a deal there is between Stenberg and GOA.... as in: just who is paying who here?   ::)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.