< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The Hill Latest News  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
The Hill Latest News
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:15:17 AM »
The Hill Washington D.C. will be shakin today after finding that the Chief does not have much support on Gun Control.

Check out the latest NFOA Alerts: http://nefirearm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

Link Fixed - RB
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:49:28 AM by Rich B »
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: The Hill Latest News
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 09:16:06 AM »
I HIGHLY doubt there is "not much support on gun control" in Washington.

The D.C. vote is a good thing, but it's what I would have expected after Heller. However, I really doubt that anyone is shaking in their boots about trying to push through an AWB just because Pelosi's panties are in a wad because no one asked her first before making an announcement about a desire to reinstate a ban, and make it permanent this time.

Please don't let your guards down, folks. That is exactly what the libtards want you to do. Contact your Senators NOW and tell them how you feel, and tell them we won't tolerate any more attacks on our 2nd amendment rights. Let them know we will do everything in our power to make sure any representative that supports a gun ban will not get re-elected. It happened the last time the AWB went through, and we'll make damned sure it will happen again if version 2 gets passed.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 09:36:37 AM »
The One is catching enough flak over his spending....... Pelosi is just looking out for him, as he is tooarrogant to realize his peril........ SHE understands that just because they won the election, they do NOT have a mandate to do whatever they want to: She was around in 1992 (Hell she looks like she was around in 1892!) and remembers that debacle, which crippled the Clinton Presidency.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58:38 AM »
She was around in 1992 (Hell she looks like she was around in 1892!)
Bwahahahaha....ROL....I like that comment.  Botox and facial flour can only go so far!

Yes, the place is hot and nervous right now with all of this porkulus spending going on.  Last thing they (the govt) needs right now is a brooh-hahah about gun stuff.

But the key words are "right now" because they will come back.  As Jay was saying, we need to stay vigilant in our fight for our rights.
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
Revival of Gun Debate
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »
Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), a decorated Vietnam War veteran and the party?s 2004 presidential candidate, also called the ban ?good policy.?

?Nobody should be selling weapons of war in the streets of our country. It?ll be a tough vote, but it?s the right policy,? Kerry said. ?I?m a hunter, I believe in the Second Amendment, and I don?t foresee any efforts to curtail anybody?s rights. But assault weapons? If people want to use them, join the military.?

Republicans, for their part, seemed eager for the debate as well.

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) even reacted with a laugh when told of plans to reintroduce the ban, saying Democratic leaders should reconsider.

?I would fight that with everything I?ve got,? Hatch said. ?The Democrats have a lot of votes, but they?ve got to be very careful because they got their heads handed to them last time this issue came up. They were very cocky about voting for it, and they learned a big lesson.?

Likewise, National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman John Cornyn of Texas also predicted ?a good debate.
? Cornyn said Holder ?has a long history of denying the rights of law-abiding citizens to own guns.?

?Law-abiding citizens are no threat to public safety,? Cornyn said. ?He?s trying to deny law-abiding citizens the right to bear arms.?

Reference
http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/revival-of-gun-debate-puts-gillibrand-in-tough-spot-2009-02-27.html
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 09:51:17 PM »
Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.)....
I'm sorry....I really, really like to stay respectful of others, but this guy is just one big nerd of a goofball.

Allright, now I did it...where's the nearest confessional....heck, I'd be in there for over an hour confessin' my thoughts when I think of what is goin' on with the USA because of "O" and folks like Kerry...sheeesh!
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan