< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Deb Fischer  (Read 3306 times)

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
Deb Fischer
« on: May 16, 2012, 06:21:06 AM »
Now that Deb Fischer has won the Republican primary, we need to support her against Bob Kerry!  Strong 2A supporter and fiscal conservative. 
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: Deb Fischer
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 06:43:51 AM »
Yep.  Bob was a big mistake the first time.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 07:52:41 AM »
Deb Fischer still has what so few do... common sense.   It's good to see the Nebraska tradition of the underdog in this race prevailing.   But make no mistake, there is going to be a huge effort to get Kerry elected.  We've got work to do.  Start educating your apathetic friends and acquaintances. 

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 09:25:53 AM »
Wooohooo!!!! Have a look at the vote counts - It looks like voter turnout was decent at 25.85%

• 80,417 people voted in the Democrat primary.

• 192,231 people voted in the Republican primary.

The difference makes me feel pretty good.

http://www.electionresults.sos.ne.gov/resultsVoterTurnout.aspx

Offline Ghost

• Steel Benefactor
  • NRA Life Member - 1972
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 09:41:16 AM »
Wooohooo!!!! Have a look at the vote counts - It looks like voter turnout was decent at 25.85%

The turnout numbers also show that 74.15% of registered voters don't care who runs their government.  Add in the citizens who aren't registered to vote, and the situation starts to look pretty disappointing.
A well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free State......George Mason

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 10:04:01 AM »

• 80,417 people voted in the Democrat primary.

• 192,231 people voted in the Republican primary.

The difference makes me feel pretty good.

http://www.electionresults.sos.ne.gov/resultsVoterTurnout.aspx

Another feel-good set of numbers:

Deb Fischer: 79,028 votes (of 192,231 total)
Bob Kerrey: 65,003 votes (of 80,417 total)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 10:39:12 AM »
The following is not an endorsement, the NFOA can not and does not endorse any candidate.

I know several people have questioned Deb's support of 2A issues, she has only had 2 bills in the legislature related and they were hunting bills.  But I can say that while working as your lobbyist I spoke with Deb on many occasions, she always was supportive and offered good advise for how to get things moving and who else to work with on issues.  She may not have been the person proposing the bills but she did help behind the scenes to advance our cause.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 11:26:58 AM »
Another feel-good set of numbers:

Deb Fischer: 79,028 votes (of 192,231 total)
Bob Kerrey: 65,003 votes (of 80,417 total)

Heck, the 2nd place GOP finisher (Bruning) had more votes than Kerry  ;D

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 01:09:29 PM »
Keep in mind the Democrat ticket did not have a real contested race like the GOP ticket did.
I voted for Deb Fischer and would encourage all NFOA members to support her.
Personally I think she will clean Kerreys clock, he has a lot of bagage that will prove distasteful to most Nebraskans.
Watch for him to get his ol Ruger red label out, and tell us he is a sportsman/hunter.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 01:54:24 PM »
", he has a lot of bagage that will prove distasteful to most Nebraskans"

I hope you are right...recall he had baggage shacking up with Deb Winger in the Gov's mansion, dating college coeds, and what not.  That did not seem to bother the citizen's of Nebraska when they sent him to the Senate..TWICE.....

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 02:36:11 PM »
Its good to see so many republicans getting out an voting ... there may be hope for this country yet!

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 11:39:29 PM »
Being the youngin I am this was my first primary I was able to vote in. Glad I got turned off of Bruning and voted for Deb. I like candidates who seem to care more about the people they are representing then the ones who just bash other candidates or people in the other party. I also voted Ron Paul and would do it again in a heartbeat since he wants to represent the people who are trying to make an honest living given the opportunities this great country has bestowed upon them, instead of supporting unfair equality. Yes I just said unfair equality... I still resist my parents when they want to give me money for random things. I don't like handouts because they don't build character, they build dependence on outside variables. On a final note I'm pleased to see Deb get nominated and would love to see her representing Nebraskans.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 08:44:53 AM »
Being the youngin I am this was my first primary I was able to vote in. Glad I got turned off of Bruning and voted for Deb. I like candidates who seem to care more about the people they are representing then the ones who just bash other candidates or people in the other party. I also voted Ron Paul and would do it again in a heartbeat since he wants to represent the people who are trying to make an honest living given the opportunities this great country has bestowed upon them, instead of supporting unfair equality. Yes I just said unfair equality... I still resist my parents when they want to give me money for random things. I don't like handouts because they don't build character, they build dependence on outside variables. On a final note I'm pleased to see Deb get nominated and would love to see her representing Nebraskans.
You are probably too young to remember H. Ross Perot - but he is the reason we got stuck with Bill Clinton. A vote for Ron Paul in November will do nothing but strengthen Obama's chances of winning.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 09:10:21 AM »
You are probably too young to remember H. Ross Perot - but he is the reason we got stuck with Bill Clinton. A vote for Ron Paul in November will do nothing but strengthen Obama's chances of winning.

Yes I know it wouldn't help the big cause in November, even though I'm not a super-delegate so it technically doesn't matter. There is so much bureaucratic BS that I don't care. I will go with what the Founding Fathers would have wanted, I will vote for the candidate I believe will do the best job without being intimidated by others. I still refuse to vote for someone I don't feel deserves to be in office, ie Romney. I completely understand your reasoning and used to think the same way, but on moral grounds I will not change my opinion.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 09:26:20 AM »
Brad, are you enjoying having Obama in office, or would you prefer someone else?

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 10:51:20 AM »
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:24:44 PM by CitizenClark »

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 10:52:48 AM »
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:24:36 PM by CitizenClark »

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:24:18 PM by CitizenClark »

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 11:34:56 AM »
I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, but I can identify with the idea that Romney won't be much of an improvement over Obama.  The argument that someone is throwing their vote away doesn't matter much if they see the other options as two sides of the same coin.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »
Heroic! Going to bed with the lesser of two evils ensures only one thing--that you will wake up with evil in the morning. Congratulations on having some principles that you aren't willing to violate.

Standing on principle is admirable and I don't fault either of you for your stance, but I don't agree with your method of implementing it, nor concede you have a corner on voting on 'principle'.

I don't particularly like several aspects of Mitt Romney's record, 2A rights first & foremost. I see him as an old-style Republican like Gerald Ford or the 1st George Bush. Not a liberal, but prone to making 'deals' that compromise on important issues. Having said all that I'm going to vote for him based purely on principle. The principle that the alternative (Prez Obongo) is pure evil. Romney is not great- but BHO is, in my opinion, the single greatest threat to America in a generation. I believe doing ANYTHING that helps him in ANYWAY is tantamount to treason. Based on that principle I am most firmly in the 'anyone but' camp.

Your vote, your choice. I am convinced that defeating the Manchurian Candidate in the Oval Office is the only principled choice.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud