< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: I think we are missing the real threat here folks...  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
I think we are missing the real threat here folks...
« on: March 01, 2009, 03:56:48 PM »
I've been thinking about the Omaha registrations for CCW thing for several days, guys this is a far greater danger to us than a few cities putting up signs.  What if the anti's figure this one out, and ALL anti-gun juridisctions copy Omaha and make this registration a requirement!  They could effective KILL CCW because no one outside your own local area  would know what is the law and how many folks in this economy has deep enough pockets to shell out registration fees for 30 or 40 towns if you travel around the state.  Folks we either need to make sure preemption is passed, or we need to fight this one in the courts...

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: I think we are missing the real threat here folks...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 05:00:09 PM »
One thing that might prevent that is the current opinion of the NE Attorney General as to the power of cities to be more restrictive than State law. But that does not mean that they wouldn't try it anyway.

I agree that we need action in this area, and I believed it is coming, but the wheels do grind slowly...
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 11:15:03 PM »
Basicly, if Omaha is above the law, then any city gubmint can be..........
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 04:10:53 AM »
I believe there is already a law on the books that stops cities from starting a registration (69-24XX), Omaha's law was grandfathered in.

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 12:24:43 PM »
Preemption would be the cleanest.....

I feel like LB430 is one lonnnnnnngggg horse race.

But if it comes to court....I am willing to be part of a class action suit.
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 09:54:23 PM »
I'm there with you Aldo!