< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nice guy gets all shot up for absolutely no reason at all!  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Online omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Nice guy gets all shot up for absolutely no reason at all!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »
I'm easily confused. More info please!   RJ

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »
must have been at a gun show...

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 08:23:12 PM »
I'm easily confused. More info please!   RJ
  Um... it's an inside joke.  Some forum member here emptied an Airsoft gun on me today during a training session for no good reason at all. 

I think he's just mean. :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 09:04:46 PM »
nice ;)  love the shirt, too!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 06:59:38 AM »
Gotta love gas-powered AirSoft guns for force-on-force training---right up until you get shot with them.  After that, people start thinking "You know, we could use water guns instead...maybe just point a finger and yell BANG a couple of times..."

I'll note this photo doesn't do justice as to how much it must have hurt to get shot like that. 

...and just think, you PAID to get shot like that!  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 08:14:33 AM »
Looks like it didn't have the FBI recommended 12" penetration.  Needs more power.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 08:26:07 AM »
Gotta love gas-powered AirSoft guns for force-on-force training---right up until you get shot with them.  After that, people start thinking "You know, we could use water guns instead...maybe just point a finger and yell BANG a couple of times..."

I'll note this photo doesn't do justice as to how much it must have hurt to get shot like that. 

...and just think, you PAID to get shot like that!  :)

That's what my wife keeps telling me!  :)  I walked in the house last night, dropped off my baggage in the kitchen and walked past her in the living room w/o pointing out anything.  She immediately noticed my arm. 

All in all though, it actually looks worse that it is.  It stung pretty good when it happened naturally, but today, they serve as reminders that I don't want to get in a fight unless I absolutely have to.

As fast as Chris unloaded that propane powered Glock-o-matic meat tenderizer on me, I'm surprised the room didn't explode.  :)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 08:26:44 AM »
nice ;)  love the shirt, too!

It's from my Nigel Tufnel collection. 

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 09:25:04 PM »
  Um... it's an inside joke.  Some forum member here emptied an Airsoft gun on me today during a training session for no good reason at all. 

I think he's just mean. :)

Lets see here...... I stuck a gun in your face..... Demanded your money..... And then you try to take my lovely Glock away from me........ Let me get to much distance..... And then tried to pull a 1911 on me  :-)

I was left with no other option!

Now, I got shot for no good reason..... Since my bad guy shot me AFTER I had already took him out! My welts were under the shirt though, so they are near as ugly as those!!!!

What hurts the most is my huge bruise left from the Glock 30 slide ramming into my chest over and over   :-)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 07:20:55 AM »
Lets see here...... I stuck a gun in your face..... Demanded your money..... And then you try to take my lovely Glock away from me........ Let me get to much distance..... And then tried to pull a 1911 on me  :-)

I was left with no other option!

Now, I got shot for no good reason..... Since my bad guy shot me AFTER I had already took him out! My welts were under the shirt though, so they are near as ugly as those!!!!

What hurts the most is my huge bruise left from the Glock 30 slide ramming into my chest over and over   :-)

You had two hands on your Glock you loved it so much.  Once I failed to get control of your arm, I knew I was going to become a bullet sponge. 

That's okay.  This isn't over.  Not quite yet.  :)

It was a good training experience regardless. 

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 08:23:22 AM »

Well, SOME of us tried to get you to put the gun in the right #2 spot, but NO, you had to do it your own way...  :)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 09:46:12 AM »
P.S. Chris, by my math you shot at me 19 times.  Sunday morning I counted only 11 hits, so I guess I got the better of you after all.  :)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 11:06:03 PM »

Sorry, but you were scaring me.  And you didn't say "Bang".  At least I don't think you did. ;D

Besides...I was pretending to be a meth head and didn't feel your shot.

Fly
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:08:24 PM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 11:09:50 PM »

I can attest that the posted picture does not do his wounds justice.  There were two on that forearm that looked like a pellet entry and exit wound.

Fly

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 05:38:05 AM »
I can attest that the posted picture does not do his wounds justice.  There were two on that forearm that looked like a pellet entry and exit wound.

....but that shouldn't make you too scared to take the class.  Ahem. 

:)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 07:13:13 AM »
Unfortunately the wounds are healing up nicely so it doesn't appear I'll get any cool scars out of the deal.   :(

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 08:53:46 PM »

....but that shouldn't make you too scared to take the class.  Ahem. 

:)

Absolutely NOT.  Pain, blood, and humiliation should not discourage anyone from taking the class.   ;D

Seriously though.  The pellet hits were not bad at all.  It definitely makes for good photos and stories though.

Fly