< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Graf's group buy  (Read 2587 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Graf's group buy
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »
I need to order some 9mm bullets from Grafs.com, so if anyone wants to split shipping PM me and I can look up pricing for you.  Normal pricing at Grafs includes free shipping, but I have a dealer account with them due to my C&R license, and dealer accounts get a discount but pay shipping.  I will not be ordering anything this time that requires Hazmat fees such as primers or powder. 

I live in Lincoln so pick up of your items would be there.  I would appreciate payment before I order.  I will split shipping charges proportionally according to merchandise totals for each individual.  I plan to put in my order on the 8th, so let me know by then.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:06:24 AM by bkoenig »

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Graf's group buy
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »
bkoenig,

I'm thinking about joining in on this and ordering possibly 2-3K of Berry's 9mm 124gr RN bullets (https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/23263) Item #: BY19324.  Before I jump in, I need to make sure my friend really wants to follow through with his offer to let me use his progressive press and other equipment.

I will also need some primer and powder, so if anyone else is interested in splitting the haz-mat shipping, I would consider offering a group buy on that too.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »
I would also be interested in the price of Berry's 124gr 9mm

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 03:34:56 PM »
bkoenig,

Would you be interested in ordering some haz-mat items along with the bullets?  I know you don't need any right now, but if we could get a few people included that want powder and/or primers, those individuals could split the $27.50 haz-mat fee.  The Graf's $5.95 Handling & Insurance fee could be prorated for everyone.

Fly
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:49:35 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 04:37:21 PM »
I didn't really want to get anything requiring Hazmat this time because of the shipping issues.  I don't really want to ship Hazmat stuff to my job, so it would require I take the day off work to be home for delivery.  Fedex/UPS won't hold Hazmat at the terminal for pickup.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
Fly, I am looking at some Primers Powder at a later date, and am usually home all day. We could do a P&P buy later.

BK, I may be into for some .357/.38 if that is an option.  158 gr flat nose plated. PM me with info.   Anyone else need any for a bigger bulk?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:39:32 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 08:31:28 PM »
I didn't really want to get anything requiring Hazmat this time because of the shipping issues.  I don't really want to ship Hazmat stuff to my job, so it would require I take the day off work to be home for delivery.  Fedex/UPS won't hold Hazmat at the terminal for pickup.

Understood bkoenig...I also have a C&R.  Does Graff's, or any other supplier, give discounts on powder and/or primers with a C&R?  By paying the actual shipping, does it come out to about the same as buying it without a C&R, or do we save a little?  Thanks for working on this.

Fly, I am looking at some Primers Powder at a later date, and am usually home all day. We could do a P&P buy later.

BK, I may be into for some .357/.38 if that is an option.  158 gr flat nose plated. PM me with info.   Anyone else need any for a bigger bulk?

Sounds good NEBull.  When were you thinking?  The 1,200 rounds of 9mm I just bought is not going to last me very long.   ;D

Fly

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »
Yep, you just need to fax your C&R in to them and request a dealer account.  You get a discount that generally more than covers the shipping costs, but the amount varies from one product to the next.  You have to order at least $100 at a time but that's not hard to do.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »
Well not sure on time. Is it possible for BK or Fly to order but have it shipping to my address, or would that be a no no with Haz mat stuff?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:36 AM »
I'll check on shipping to a third party.  If that's ok with Graf's it would be fine with me, and then I'd be willing to order hazmat items.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 08:16:37 PM »
OK everyone, I would like to put in the order on Friday so if you can let me know what you want by then I'll include you.  I'll accept cash, check, firstborn children and "discreet" paypal.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 09:54:42 PM »
Oh, and I forgot to mention - as far as I can tell there won't be a problem with shipping to another address, so NE Bull if you're willing to have it shipped to your place we can go ahead and order Hazmat items.  I know the last time I ordered powder I got 3 8lb jugs for 3 of us and we had some pretty significant savings.  If anyone wants me to look up powder or primers let me know.  Hazmat is 27.50 per package, IIRC, so as long as we don't have two packages it will just be that much extra split between everyone who orders powder or primers.

I'm going to try for a Friday order, but if we end up delaying it a couple days it's no big deal to me.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 08:58:32 PM »
Hey BK put me down for some of the .38/.357 as per our PMs.
Fly checked on prices in Omaha and it sounds like GU might be the place to go for some bigger packages without the shipping hassles and fees. (on powder ) -edit for clarity
Or check with DE GUNS in Lincoln. (I keep forgetting that little store on Cotner is there) .
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:04:47 PM by NE Bull »

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 10:11:58 PM »
Sounds good.  I haven't priced out powder, but last time I was in DE had good prices on primers.  I don't make it over to that side of town much, though.  The other way to save big on Hazmat stuff is to wait until a gunshow comes around and buy from 3 Lees.  They usually have good deals on that stuff.

Offline predatorhunter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »
You can order from 3lees over the phone and he will ship your stuff to NE Gun here in Lincoln.  There wasn't any charge for shipping either. He told me that he would deliver every Friday so as long as you call before Friday morning you can have your supplies on Friday afternoon. He has some good deals on primers also
NRA Life Member!!!!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 05:14:15 PM »
That's good to know, I'll keep that in mind next time.

Also, I just realized that I won't know final shipping charges until after I place the order, so I'll get everyone their totals after they charge me for it.  If anyone wants in on the order try to let me know tonight if you can.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:23:05 PM by bkoenig »