< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: What am I doing in Omaha?  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
What am I doing in Omaha?
« on: June 09, 2012, 05:23:03 PM »
Just spent 4 days with the family at Ft Robinson SP, and a few more in the Black Hills. Been to the Black Hills several times but first visit to Ft Rob. What a blast! Beautiful country and enjoyed all the history and activities. Makes me envious of you guys out West. Way too much humidity and too many idiots in this part of the state  :angry:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:26:11 PM by Hardwood83 »
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: What am I doing in Omaha?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 03:17:23 PM »
I will second that emotion!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 09:02:46 PM »
We spent a few days out at Ft. Rob last June ..... an excellent time!

Fishing was excellent, and the pace of the place was extremely relaxing!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline altheman2

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 11:30:07 PM »
Always love the Black Hills, cant get enough of the trees!

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »
Waaaayyyyy back when, just after I had been discharged out of the USN, I had a job in Scottsbluff.  I love that end of the state, even if the wind blows more there than it does here. 

Anything east of 81 is just too close to Omaha and the idjits that run the place. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »
I recall Captain Crunch was an Ensign when Lorimor was on Active Duty

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 05:13:45 PM »
i understand how ya feel. I'm from North Central Kansas where there is a whole lotta nothing (by comparison to the 'metro') and I like it that way.  I relish every chance I get to go 'back home' and 'slow down' for a while.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 05:58:25 PM »
I recall Captain Crunch was an Ensign when Lorimor was on Active Duty

Yep.  Iron ships were a novelty.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 06:40:47 PM »
Anything east of 81 is just too close to Omaha and the idjits that run the place. 

Actually, I prefer US 283 as the border between Nebraska and God's Country .....

West of the 100th Meridian, the weather is drier, and the pace of life is slower......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.