< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln Airport  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
Lincoln Airport
« on: June 12, 2012, 06:47:33 PM »
I've got to drop off some family at the Lincoln Airport Thursday night, how far can I carry my CCW pistol at the airport, or should I just stay in my vehicle and drop them at the door...

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Lincoln Airport
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 06:54:14 PM »
IIRC the entrance is posted
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 09:16:41 PM »
Dan is correct it is posted at the entrance. If you park out front and leave it in the car you won't have any problems. Since it is an Airport and is considered City property it has to be posted. Since I work out there I know all of the Officers and for the most part they are all very progun, but they have to follow the rules even they don't make sense. For example, I am the Wildlife Biologist out there and try to keep the planes from hitting birds. When I am on the Airfield I carry more weapons than the Officers and I can use them when and where I see fit, but I even have to disarm when I go into the terminal.

Galen
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »
(Former LPD Captain) Allen Soukup is a good guy and a long time customer/friend of mine 
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 06:29:39 AM »
Oh yeah, I know Al. I agree he is a good guy. I will he give him a shout for you the next time I see him.
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 06:33:09 AM »
"Since it is an Airport" is not true for all airports FYI.  Austin/Bergstrom, San Antonio and DFW are examples I recall off hand.  Of course that is not beyond the metal detectors/going to the gates TSA thingy.  They are all in TX....they realize something we dont't ?  :)

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »
Ok you caught me on a technicality. I should have said since this is an Airport in the City of Lincoln.

Offline RedNeckson

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 01:41:56 PM »
I had the same question a couple weeks ago for out at Eppley - I dropped a friend off at 4 in the morning - I was not going to enter the building just dropping him off,  just got out of car to get bags out. - I could not find out any info on whether I could carry or not since I wasn't entering the building - So to be on the safe side I left my weapon at home - (not happy) - Till I find out the right procedure --- Neal
EAT THE PAIN

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 02:08:34 PM »
For what its worth Ram...a few years ago I asked one of the LNK cops what he would do should I OC into the airport.  Got the typical "Why would you do that?"  I told him because I could.  He told me I'd probably be asked to leave. 

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 10:24:29 PM »
I had the same question a couple weeks ago for out at Eppley - I dropped a friend off at 4 in the morning - I was not going to enter the building just dropping him off,  just got out of car to get bags out. - I could not find out any info on whether I could carry or not since I wasn't entering the building - So to be on the safe side I left my weapon at home - (not happy) - Till I find out the right procedure --- Neal

As long as you remain on the airport drive you should not have a problem.  Just dont try to enter the building or carry in one of the parking lots, they are all prohibited areas.  Keep it in the car.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline RedNeckson

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 08:31:27 AM »
Ron - Thanks, - Interesting that the parking lot area's are a no carry - Thanks again -- Neal
EAT THE PAIN

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 10:18:21 AM »
Bullit:

If I knew which Officer it was I could probably give you some reasoning for his answer. But at least he didn't say he would ticket/arrest you, like LPD would. You also have to remember that inside the Terminal the Officers have to deal with TSA rules and regulations. I realize this shouldn't matter, but some in the TSA act like the Lincoln Airport is just like JFK or LAX. Don't get me wrong I am all about the security of the Airports but sometimes believe or not they do go over board. Trust me I give this crap about the signs all the time.

As for Eppley, I could be wrong here but I don't think they have a stand alone Police Department Like LAA. I think they use OPD officers and we all know how gun friendly they are.

Lastly to WymoreWrangler sorry if I hijacked your thread.

Galen

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 02:42:28 PM »
Ram...I really didn't care about his "opinion", I am just humored at the response sometimes given as if we can trust solely upon their protection.  I mean...ask John McClain (e.g. Diehard series)...it happened to him what 5 times ?  Of course, he is a cop, but you get the picture. 

Sorry too Wymore, but its been fun. 

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »
I am in agreement with you on this Bullit.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 04:34:01 PM »
As for Eppley, I could be wrong here but I don't think they have a stand alone Police Department Like LAA. I think they use OPD officers and we all know how gun friendly they are.

Lastly to WymoreWrangler sorry if I hijacked your thread.

Galen

The Omaha Airport PD is totally separate from the Omaha police.  Some of them are moonlighting OPD Officers working the airport instead of somewhere else, but for the most part is just a bunch of cops from other agencies looking for a quieter way to earn a living.  Nice folks as well.  Mostly older cops, but good guys anyway.

Ron
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:36:47 PM by Ronvandyn »
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX