< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009 --- S 371 & HR197  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Toster

• NFOA Full Member
Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009 --- S 371 & HR197
« on: March 04, 2009, 09:44:35 AM »
I was listening to the guntalk podcast ( http://www.guntalk.com/site.php ) last night while pressing out ~500 9mm rounds, and they were talking about this senate bill S371. I can't believe we haven't heard more about it.  Right now they are still trying to gather sponsors.  I think he said they had 21 as of Sunday.  Anyway, S371 would make all states honor every other states CCP.  It sounded like the laws of your respective state would apply to you when you were in the other states.

When I was looking at the S 371 bill it looks like there is another bill in the House, HR 197, to me it looks like the S 371 where your home state laws would apply it better for the person carrying, whereas in the HR 197 you have to obey the laws of the state you are traveling in to easier for law enforcement, harder on the person carrying.

On the podcast the senator that was talking was asking everyone to contact their respected representative and ask them to help sponsor the bill.  I think either way, at least it is something going for us carriers.