< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NRA First Steps/Pistol class....??  (Read 1175 times)

Offline phorvick

• Forum Member
NRA First Steps/Pistol class....??
« on: March 04, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »
In another thread the concept of basic instruction for new shooters was mentioned, and I just thought I would toss out the offer....

I would be willing to present the NRA First Steps/Pistol class if there were interest.  Here is the course info:

Firearm Instruction, Responsibility, and Safety Training ? is the NRA?s response to the American public?s need for a firearm orientation program for new purchasers. NRA FIRST Steps Pistol is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to one specific pistol action type for classes of four or fewer students. This course is at least three hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot a specific pistol action type. Students will learn the NRA?s rules for safe gun handling; the particular pistol model parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, FIRST Steps Course completion certificate, and Lesson Plan.

Typically I bring a gaggle of handgun models and styles to examine, as well as an NFA item for extra-curricular activity after the formal class.  Class size is limited to 4, and it takes about 3 hours.  Ideally we would have a place to meet and shoot, and perhaps have multiple sessions to accomodate more people.  I provide the firearms, ammo, and eye/ear protection.  The participants provide an interest in learning about the safe use of a handgun.  I charge $25.  (That is about a $10 NRA materials fee and $15 ammo charge).  If there were a range fee at the shooting facility, that is additional.

If there is any interest, just e-mail and we can make it work.

Paul Horvick
http://shootingsafely.com
paul (at) shootingsafely.com

If butterfiles carried .45's, there would be no sparrow problem.

http://shootingsafely.com