< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Very interesting letter from Jon Bruning  (Read 1037 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Very interesting letter from Jon Bruning
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »
Well after taking Chris Zeeb's class today (highly recommended) I wanted to did deeper into college carry. After doing some digging through handgunlaw.us (thanks Chris for the heads up on this site) I found a letter to James B. Milliken, the President of the University of Nebraska, from Jon Bruning back in 2006 where Milliken asked whether a college was actually a school by definition in the concealed carry act. The response Bruning gave was that a college is NOT a school as defined in the act. Has there been a more recent event that would overturn this? One of my first priorities will be to speak with some higher ups at UNO in regards to their opinions of this matter.

And Wallace if you read this I plan on starting a Students for Concealed Carry organization at UNO, I will contact you as the time approaches and see how we can go about this. I feel it would be beneficial for the 2 biggest universities (which are not schools as defined by Bruning 6 years ago) to have these organizations in full swing.

Any input on this matter is greatly appreciated. You can find this letter at...
http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/NEAGOp06016UnivCarry.pdf

Happy shooting everybody

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Very interesting letter from Jon Bruning
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
Legislature rammed through the "fix" for that a long time ago. It was all part of a bill that added Universities, colleges and hospitals to the banned places list
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 09:42:24 AM »
Yes the infamous LB97 and Brad Ashford...

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:01:15 PM »
Yeah I found that out shortly after I posted... I was hoping there was still some obscurities in the language.