< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Let the wait begin  (Read 1810 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Let the wait begin
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:06:03 PM »
I didn't waste any time applying for my permit. Took the class with Chris Zeeb yesterday and this morning at 8:00am I was at the Lincoln CID building getting printed. I will let the countdown begin, hopefully it doesn't get delayed too much; I will be moving most likely before it is mailed to me, but I don't know my next address yet. I asked the nice lady at CID and she asked someone else and they said as soon as I know my next address to update my license and mail a copy to them then send them another form to correct the address and an explanation of all this.

I have a feeling in my gut that my license will be mailed to my address in Lincoln after I move out and before I can get it all changed... Time to pray that it gets mailed before I move out on July 31st.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Let the wait begin
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »
I didn't waste any time applying for my permit.

You certainly did not!  I spent my day running kids around and finishing up a job in Elmwood ..... maybe Wed. I might have time to swing by the Omaha SP office..... the actual filing/office visit did not take long last time, but it was like 8  weeks worth of wait to get the permit, IIRC..... I think there might be a very old thread about it here.....
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 07:41:48 PM »
I was in the same class and just applied earlier today.  Fun class, Chris Z did a good job keeping me awake

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 07:53:10 PM »
Chris Z is a good guy.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline CedarBill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »
They have hired a few people to help process things more quickly. My permit took right around 24 days from applying to receiving.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 09:51:34 AM »
How long ago did you apply CedarBill?

Offline CedarBill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »
I applied on May 31 and got mine on June 23ish. :D

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:32:29 PM »
Ok so that is pretty recent, crossing my fingers that I get it before I move. Otherwise if I move my handguns to Omaha before that they would be illegal since I refuse to pay their worthless registration fee.

Offline tackle8

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 11:28:54 AM »
Just got mine on day 23!

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 12:35:33 PM »
You guys are getting me skittish like a little school girl by saying its taking just over 3 weeks.