< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Moving to Wyoming  (Read 1262 times)

Offline despain85

• NFOA Full Member
Moving to Wyoming
« on: June 26, 2012, 03:27:46 PM »
A couple of questions for you experts. I'm moving to Wyoming in a month and want to know if I'll be good to go with open carrying across I80? I have a non res Arizona permit so I know that I'm good to conceal here, just need the verification on open carry. Once I'm there I'll be ok as far as I can tell. Thanks for the help!

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Moving to Wyoming
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 03:44:51 PM »
The only place you may have an issue is while passing through the City of Omaha, the rest of the state there is no laws saying that you can not open carry.  Omaha may have an issue if an officer stops you for something and sees you are open carrying.  They require either an Omaha open carry permit or a recognized concealed carry permit, your Arizona permit is recognized, but the officer at a stop may not know that.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »
If you are a Nebraska resident right now you can not CCW on an Arizona permit
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 04:33:18 PM »
Correct Dan I was reading this as someone from another state passing through. if he is a Nebraska resident the Nebraska permit would be required.

Offline despain85

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »
I forgot to mention I'm an Illinois resident in the Air Force, that's why I have my Arizona permit. I'll be leaving from Bellevue and won't be traveling through Omaha at all. I've looked at the no carry list and saw a few truck stops, I'll make sure to not hit them so I don't have to secure my guns.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 09:44:35 PM »
despain85:

Congratulations on your move to the Great State of Wyoming.

Scenery is magnificent.    Hunting is fantastic.   Wyoming people are great.

Been surrounded by scores of grouse at evening around a water hole.
Antelope, mule deer, white tail, and elk hunting are readily available at little or no distance.
Lotsa coyotes, prairie dogs, badgers, and varmint critters.
Fishing along the Miracle Mile north of Sinclair is wunnerful.
Infinite places to target practice, sight in, shoot, whatever.

It's a Whole Different Kind of Place.    Plenty of room.    Friendly to the Shooting Sports.

Shooters' Paradise.

You'll love it.

Wish I were going with you.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 06:49:31 AM »
P.S.   There is no such thing as a "non-resident" Arizona permit....  Their's is simply a "Concealed Weapons Permit".  Just being picky that's all.